" Hyeah. Can I go play with them? "

" Go nuts. Merry christmas ! Don't talk to strangefish, alright? " She bounced up and tried her best to steady the jar in her hands, out of sight in a flash.

" Fish c-can't talk! " she laughed happily, running over to the ledge.

You didn't hear her dive; Well, more importantly, you heard her footsteps stop altogether

You didn't hear her dive; Well, more importantly, you heard her footsteps stop altogether. Trailing the child anxiously, you scanned the area for any sign of imminent danger. You halted behind her and watched her hide the present behind her back with great haste.

Ah. Your 'mate' was still here - You were having a such a good time you almost forgot. It's not all bad though, maybe you should invite him to join the party.

" Hey, Koi. "

" Evening. "
" Mari was just about to go play with her Christmas present, werent ya, guppie? " You scritched her head, making her pay attention.

" Maybe you could join her? " You gave a hopeful smile. Koi gave the most obnoxious, exasperated sigh you've ever heard, a twinge of anger starting up in your body.

" I won't be joining her. "

" Ah.. That's too bad. " He slowly locked eyes with Mari as you spoke, Rising to the other side of the edge.

" It is, isn't it? "

You watched him give her the most rancorous look you've ever seen. Mari said a quick "Bye ma-ma" and hauled webbed ass, going underwater before either of you could even reply. You waited for Mari to skitter away completely and grabbed him by the arm, reciprocating the glare before his softened. The air then added about 15 pounds to itself while you seethed silently at Koi.

You were pissed, but you had to keep your voice down. For her.

" First you demand a child - drive me to wits end over it - and you don't want her? What is wrong with you? " You grumbled through clenched teeth, carefully eying the spot your daughter left by.

" That ...thing is not my child. "

" What! She's perfectly fine! We've been over this! "
He grabbed the middle of the arm that held him in place, easily overpowering you. Your intentions never came off as intimidating as his.

" She's not worthy enough to be taking up so much of your time. The weakling - She can't even speak. "
You scoffed and sneered at him, trying to rip your arm away.

" She's learning! She's not even 5 yet, and she knows basic grammar! You're becoming dangerously arid. "

" Learn your place, " He hissed, The merman always hated having to repeat himself. " You are mine, not some gullible little child's - Stop giving her all of your time! " His voice amplified dangerously quickly, his other arm moving with the intention of letting him push himself onto land as well.

" G-Get it through your thick skull! She's ours. You could always join in on fun, but you refuse to even go near her sometimes - "
You reeled back before squinting, eyes darting around the place in thought. An important topic needed to be discussed, but you forgot about it. What was it?

" I don't go near her because she's a deleterious little shrimp. I demand a better child, or no child at all! "

No child at all.. All was quiet, even the cave's echo seemed to grow afarid to hear.

" ..What are you insinuating that you'll do to my daughter? "

" See! You've never stood up for or cared that much about me, yet you sympathise with a degenerative embarrassment.

I'll always love you, but if you continue being selfish with your love, I'll.. I-I'll.." He swallowed roughly.

Furrowing your eyebrows, you let your face sink into a serious look of surprise. He's censured her for so long, and you've never understood the reason other than his stupid tug-of-war for admiration. This argument wasn't going anywhere, but you couldn't help but press on,
" I could've left a long time ago, and I didn't. We have a child that you refuse to like because you're jealous?! "

" You're more than correct that I'm jealous.

And if you don't get her clingyness under control, believe your punishment will make you wish we just had another kid.
Don't.. make it hard for yourself... " He slipped out of your grip (Damn you, you water bastard) and shot down into the water, amused watching you stumble to the edge after him.

--
A/N: Sorry! You'll never be happy as long as Koi is a Yandere. ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Live with it. I guess. The end.

𝔽𝕆𝕆𝔻 𝔽𝕆ℝ 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕊𝔼𝔸On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara