➽5. Off with their heads

Quinn watched her mother rant and rant about how she would chop off the heads of the servants who had failed once again

Quinn watched her mother rant and rant about how she would chop off the heads of the servants who had failed once again. But Quinn knew she wouldn't do it. She would have no worker left if she caught off their heads. She wasn't in wonderland where they could be replaced on a whim. She was stuck on the Isle of the Lost and every last worker had to count. Every worker had a job for her until she returned to her homeland, until Quinn reclaimed the throne from the White Queen her dear old aunt who was the reason they were here in the first place.

It was true that her mother had settled whatever feud she and her sister had had, but it seemed that hadn't come across the White Queen. When the villains were being rounded up, the people of Wonderland didn't care to see their Queen go off to the Isle.

Sure she'd caused them more harm than good but she was still their Queen. Nothing could change it. But King Beast and his men came knocking on their door, and the Cheshire Cat and the Queen of Hearts were being hidden by Alice herself. Because apparently Alice Kingsley's believed that the Red Queen, no matter how many times she'd been threatened by her, was just a misunderstood girl who was just angry st her sister for something that had happened ages ago. Something that had resulted in her slightly larger head.

The White Queen opened her mouth though she said she wouldn't. She'd promised the White Rabbit. She'd promised the Blue Caterpillar. She'd promised Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. She'd promised the king of Hearts before his untimely demise.  She'd promised Alice, who her mother no longer hated, her hate being transferred to her sister. She'd promised the Mads Hatter, her dear old dad.

But had she kept it?

Alas if she had, Quinn wouldn't be stuck on the Isle, Chelsea wouldn't be stuck in the Isle, their parents wouldn't either.

She'd tatted them out, as they'd been on the low for four years, the last two villains to be sent to the Isle. They'd been protected by Alice and the Mad Hatter who anted the Red Queen to be there with both of her daughters.

But an ambush had occurred and the Cheshire Cat had only the time to grab baby Chelsea in his arms as he was hauled away to the car that would carry him to the Isle. Her mother had only the time to grab her bundle, pressing a kiss to baby Maddie's forehead, tears streaming down her face. Tears. Her mother had actually cried. Not that she'd ever witness it.

Alice was balling her mother had told her, the Mad Hatter doing his best to compose himself as she was hailed into the car. Sent to the Isle. Locked in this prison. With only one of her daughters intact. Her other in Auradon with her father.

Every time Quinn heard the story it angered her, it made her blood boil.

How dare the White Queen turn them like that? How dare the White Queen send them here to rot when her mother had ended their disagreement?

The bell on the door jingled as someone entered.

Quinn's eyes widened as she hadn't been expecting a visitor.

"Welcome to the Queen of Hearts Salon-." Quinn paused, looking at the two people who'd entered. "It's just you two. Chelsea, Hanna don't get my hopes up like that again."

"We can't make that promise." Hanna said. "So business still is slow.."

"After people learned Cruella came here, well they haven't really come back." Quinn said. "I don't know why though. Cruella hasn't come here in months."

"Her son became a turncoat." Chelsea said. "It's dad really. But Carlos was never a bad kid, he was always tinkering with his weird machines. I heard one of them could even get through the barrier."

"Don't believe everything you hear," Chels." Hanna said. "People sprouted all kinds of rumors when they heard the so called villain kids chose good. Some say they even returned once just to crush the tailsmans of their parents old symbols of power. Though I'm sure I saw them then. That might've been true."

"Oh yes." Quinn said. "Funny Gothel confirmed that. She said they'd come for the Anti-Heroes club run by that old wizard. What's his name again? Yen Sid and his little mousey intern Sophie."

"The Anti-Heroes was a group for the villains who wanted to chose good." Chelsea said. "But they broke up when they had a few bad eggs in their spilling their secrets. Yzla and Murph were in it until Harriet turned them back to her side."

"Now everyone hates the VKs." Quinn said. "Now were all on the same boat. I just need some customers. Would you mind if I did your hair."

Chelsea and Hanna shared a look.

"We'll pass." Chelsea said. "Sorry Q."

"No problem Chels." Quinn said. "It doesn't matter. Part of the problem is probably my mom scaring them away."

"Didn't Sam use to come here?" Chelsea asked.

"Well yeah." Quinn said. "Then Sam's mom and my mom were arguing the whole time and she almost cut Sam's heads off. So as you can see Sam didn't come back. I can't blame her really. Almost getting your head cut off is kind of traumatizing."

"Kind of?" Hanna said. "It's very traumatizing. But I know why there aren't many people coming here."

"Why?" Quinn asked.

"Because of Lady Tremaine's Salon." Hanna said. "Dizzy is amazing."

"Dizzy was always great at hair." Quinn said. "The poor thing has to do most of the work it's rather sad."

"I know." Chelsea said. "But She's q good girl in a dark world. It doesn't work it as we learned with Gigi."

"Well Gigi was never a bad girl." Chelsea pointed out. "She never had a bad binge in her body."

"I hate that the tv won't stop showing her with her mom. It's kind of annoying."

"Well they've been apart for sixteen years." Hanna said. "I don't blame them,"

"I can't imagine life without my dad." Chelsea said. "He's a pretty decent parent compared to the other ones here."

"My dad's the opposite." Hanna said. "He doesn't care about me."

"My mom cares about me in her own way." Quinn said. "Are you sure you don't want your hair done?"

"We're sure." Chelsea and Hanna said at the same time, as Quinn pouted in annoyance.