Chapter 2

Shawn’s POV
I got back into my condo and thought about us. My brain just didn’t want to work. Rationality wasn’t working... so I decided to take my guitar and just sing my soul out like I did so often.
Then I came up with the idea of a song. It would definitely help me to control my feelings. So I took a piece of paper and started writing:

Taste the poison from your lips
They leave, we’re as good as gone
Oh our love is drunken in
Singing me my favorite song
...
Flashback
We were dancing in the club when my favorite song started playing. She took my hand and started leading me through the other dancing guests to a little table hidden behind the bar.

She laughed and sang with the song while pushing me to sit down on the table. She came close... what were we doing? She saw the doubts in my face:
"Everything is fine babyyyy!“

Okay hell she was definitely drunk. But I somehow didn’t want to stop her. She came close and pressed her lips against mine. I kissed back but then suddenly she pulled away.

"I hate you!“, she shouted at me.
What was happening? What did I do? How did this evening good from good to bad in 3 words? But I pushed the thought of her hating me away- she was drunk! I couldn’t count on her now. I would ask her tomorrow. So I took her home and made sure she’d fall asleep in my bed. Then I went to go sleep on the couch. We had slept in one bed before, yes, but I just didn’t want it.

The next morning I confronted her:
"You said you hated me... why?“
The answer totally broke me: "Oh, because I do.“
My head was spinning. Why? Why me again? What did I do? She never explained herself to me. She just told me that she loved me and she left. But I didn’t believe her in that moment... I couldn’t take her lies anymore.
They were poisoning me, attacking my mental health and my strength. But my mind just couldn’t let go of her...