Chapter 1 - The Bubbler

The following story is a work by a fan, for fans. The purpose of this work is merely to entertain, not for monetary gain. Miraculous: The Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir is owned by Thomas Astruc, Zagtoon, and Method Animation. Please support the official release.

Warning: The following story takes place in an AU where all of the characters are the ages of seventeen and eighteen rather than thirteen and fourteen. For this reason, necessary changes will be made such as Collège Françoise Dupont being renamed Lycée Françoise Dupont to be age appropriate. Major departures from canon through new villains and heroes and plot threads will occur at about the halfway mark. Additionally, chapters based on episodes will not be a perfect one-to-one adaptation as certain changes are necessary.

While Miraculous isn't a series I would consider to have spoilers (as much of it can be figured out after seeing one or two episodes), this story will contain events directly from the following episodes:

• The Bubbler
• Copycat
• Evillustrator
• Glaciator
• Sapotis

The story will also feature things mentioned or referenced in:

• Princess Fragrance
• The Collector
• Reverser
• Miraculous Comics (Trash Kraken Saga)

Most events that are considered "major-ish" spoilers for the series will not be included. If you are unfamiliar with Miraculous, the first few chapters will get you caught up.

====================================================

There's something exciting about the first day of school. No matter whether you love or hate formalized education, there's something special about showing up on that first day to see old friends or make new ones. It's even better when your first day of school ends up giving you a few extra days of summer vacation. The downside is that it's impossible to walk in unnoticed.

All eyes were on you as you entered the doors of Lycée Françoise Dupont. "Where have you been [Y/n]?" your best friend Nathaniel Kurtzberg asked.

"Our hiking trip went a little late," you murmured, trying not to turn red as his hair. "Kind of a pain... So, is our final year everything they said it'd be?"

"Not really; more of the same, but with extra anxiety! Couple new students though; kept a seat for you." Nathaniel, or Nath as you tended to call him, had been your best friend for about as long as you could remember. The aspiring comic artist was your partner in crime – that is, if you consider marathon video game sessions, creating new comics together, and crying about the exams for le bac a type of crime. Both of you were quiet and reserved in class, but when left alone, you were a dynamic duo.

"How's the new comic coming? Can I see the new villain's design?" You asked, reaching for his sketchbook.

"Indefinite hiatus," he said, swatting your hand away, "I found something better!"

"Better?"

"Ladybug! C'mon man!"

"Ladybug? What's so great about a little bug?"

"No, no the superhero! You can't tell me you didn't see the news!"

"Nath, seriously. Paris has superheroes now?" You knew there were superheroes all over the place; the United States even had a former superhero as president! But France, let alone Paris, hadn't seen home-grown superheroes in ages.

"Yeah! Would it kill you to at least look at the news?"

You shrugged. "So, who are they? Are they cool?"