< F I F T E E N >

Start from the beginning

Cyrus then surprises her but dipping his head in respect before walking backwards a few feet before sitting back on his haunches. Arden, a bit shell shocked, does as she’s seen happen only a few times in Blue Bay when a challenge has ended in a draw, she bows back. Cyrus then leaves the field with another nod at the Alpha as silent communication passes between the two before he leaves.

Alpha Hank turns to Arden, “You did well. Shift.”

Arden does as ordered and shifts back into her human form, sweating and covered in blood on her bare shoulder. A warm robe is placed over her shoulders quickly and she grins up at Sam as he gives her a scolding look. She’s not sure if the look is for being naked or making him worry but she’s take it all the same.

“You scared the shit out of me.” He informs her.

She sighs, “It’s how things are done, Sam.”

“I don’t like it.”

“I need to know how to defend myself.”

“You did fine in the field at May’s.” He points out.

Arden cups his face in her palm, “You didn’t see it though. What if I fumbled my way through it and it was all just a lucky fluke?”

Sam seems to think about it for a few seconds again before he grumbles, “I still don’t like it.”

“Holy shit, Arden!” Kayla yells before jumping in front of her out of nowhere, “That was insane! You’re like a real badass!”

Arden gives Sam a questioning look at the change of attitude towards the whole ‘werewolf thing’. Sam just shrugs at her with a smirk. Shaking her head she turns back to Kayla to see she even looks different since the last time she saw her. Kayla isn’t wearing the pounds of makeup she was wearing and instead is showing a bare but beautiful face. Arden notices a light dancing freckles across the younger girl’s nose she’s never seen before, too.

Sam seems to notice the change too and grips his sister chin turning her head this way and that, “Okay, I give up. Who are you and what have you done to my sister?”

Kayla rolls her eyes and shoves Sam’s hand off, “I’m the same person just with less makeup on.”

“Kayla, your in sweats.”

Kayla blushes and dips her head looking oddly bashful, “So?”

“You said and I quote, ‘girls who wear sweats outside the house have just given up on themselves’. So can you blame me for being a bit…surprised here?” Sam says crossing his arms on his chest with a quirked brow.

Kayla bites her lip and shrugs, “I just fancied a change.”

“Fancied?” Sam repeats,

Kayla scoffs and glares at him, “You know what Sam? If you don’t like it you can shove it up your annoying booty hole! I didn’t do this for you just so you know.”

“Oh? The who did you do it for?”

Arden feels a bit sympathetic for Kayla in this moment. Sam just totally baited her into telling him about Parker. She knows she can stop this interrogation but she’s ashamed to say she’s a bit curious herself about how those two have been going. So despite feeling guilty about it she just lets the big brother do his overprotective thing for now.

Kayla’s eyes widen and she pales a bit, “No one.”

“Bullshit.” Sam sings with a triumphant smirk, “Who are you hiding from your dear older loving brother?”

“No one!”

“Come on, Kay, tell me who I have to beat up.”

Kayla huffs, “You are such an asshole, Samuel Tanner Davidson!”