Mia

I see my parents standing before me, begging me to join them. I see teddy standing beside them. So young and happy. I begin to go into their welcoming arms but someone grabs me from behind and yanks me back. I scream at the top of my lungs. I hear my parents and teddy, calling my name. Mia. Mia.

"Mia! Mia!" It's Adams voice that shakes me from my nightmare. I wake up with tears running down my face. He sighs "another nightmare?..." He wipes away my tears and I nod. He wraps his arms around me like always.

Adam has gotten used to my psychotic ways. I've finished my cello tour and now I'm on tour with him and shooting star. I, Mia Hall, am on tour with a rock band. Who would believe it?

He holds me until I calm down. "Hey... It's okay, Mia... It's okay...." He rubs my back soothingly. I put my face in his neck and close my eyes. "Do you know what today is, Mia?..." He asks me gently. I shake my head. "Today is your twenty-first birthday...." He smiles "you're twenty-one..." I look up at him confused. He shows me his calendar. Today's date has a big heart on it and it reads 'MIA'S 21st BIRTHDAY!' I blush and smile slightly "I guess it is...." I hold his hand and yawn. "What time is it?..." I ask. "It's about 5:30... Time to get on the bus...." I sigh and nod. Shooting star officially had their own tour bus. Somehow it manages to fit Liz, Sarah, Mike, Fitzy, Adam, and me, for weeks at a time. Sometimes I wish for more space... But I'm not complaining. I get to spend every waking moment with Adam. That's all I want.

I get up and put on my ramones t-shirt that used to be Adams. These past few months have been good for me. I feel so... Free. I spend all day with Adam and the band, and at night, we all get to jam out together. Me on my cello while they rock out. It's beautiful. It really is. It's like the bonfire all over again. It's times like those when I feel like I actually belong.

By six, we've all piled back into the bus and claimed our seats. Fitzy is driving, Liz and Sarah have claimed the table, mike is in the back on his laptop, and I'm sitting in Adams lap on the couch. Ironically, I'm listening to the Rolling Stones, while he listens to Beethoven.

It occurs to me how much we've both benefitted from me coming on this tour. Adam has decided not to quit the band just yet. He seems to have found his love and passion for music again. I've benefitted from this tour because a) I needed a break. B) I get to spend time with the person I love most. And C) I feel like I'm embracing this little part of my parents... I feel like I wasn't switched at birth.

"So, Mia.... We're sorry that you have to spend your birthday stuck on this tour bus with all of us riffraff...." Liz says with a smirk. "Buuuuuuuuut...." She adds, "we have a surprise for you."

I laugh "guys... Seriously. I don't need anything for my birthday...." I groan. "Yes you do! And we've all got presents for you!" Sarah smiles.

I glare at Adam jokingly. He smirks and shrugs innocently. They all come up one by one and give me their presents. Mike gives me a CD of all of us playing together, Liz and Sarah give me a framed picture of me at my first shooting star concert that I ever went to, along with some old classic rock records. Fitzy gives me a guitar so that Adam can teach me to play. I smile with tears in my eyes as I hug them all "I love you guys so much... This is the best birthday ever...." I smile. "No no no... Not so fast!" Adam smirks. "I haven't given you my present yet...." He smiles. I smirk and roll my eyes. "It's in the bedroom on the bed." He says slyly. I raise an eyebrow and go in the bedroom to find a card on the bed. It read; 'Dear Maestro. Turn around.' I raise an eyebrow and do as it says and what do I see? Adam. Down on one knee. With a ring.

"I am so, crazy in-love with you. Those three years we spent apart were by-far the worst of my life. I've lost you once, and I never want to lose you again. Mia Hall, will you do me the honor of marrying me?..." He asks nervously. Tears flood my eyes and I nod slightly and throw my arms around him. "Y-you will?" He asks with a huge grin. I smile wide through tears and nod "I will." Everyone claps and cheers as he kisses me. He slips the ring on my finger and I smile wide. I can't believe it. I'm going to marry Adam!

After all of the chaos died down, I'm sitting on the couch holding Adam tight and smiling, when he sits up suddenly. "Oh Mia. I forgot. You're Gran and Gramps sent this. They wanted me to give it to you on your birthday..." He hands me a Manila envelope. I raise an eyebrow and tear it open. My eyes widen and tears threaten to spill. I cover my mouth and go into the bathroom quickly. It was a plane ticket. To Oregon. They want me to come back.