CHAPTER FIVE ━ SUPPORTING FREDDIE

(𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊). 𝖘𝖚𝖕𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖊

Reina was sitting in between Roger and Brian, the trio processing what had happened before

Reina was sitting in between Roger and Brian, the trio processing what had happened before. Tim left the band and the drummer and guitarist were left without a singer.

"I think he's right," Roger spoke up, his leg propped up as one arm was around Reina's shoulder despite her pushing it away. "That show was a load of bollocks."

Reina rolled her eyes, turning to look at Brian who spoke up immediately. "Well, there was room for improvement, yeah."

"I've got better things to do with my Saturday nights," Roger said.

"You mean every day?" Reina questioned, looking at him. He glared at her for a second before he looked away.

"I could give you their names," Roger continued, placing the cigarette by his lips as he took a hit. Reina sighed. Brian rolled his eyes a little.

"You give up too easily," she said. "Someone special might come but stop with that attitude of yours. Both of you. Roger, stop. Brian, you do you. And, this is the time where you both ignore me so let's just watch on."

They all did as she said. But before any of them could say anything furthermore, a man came towards them. Reina looked at her friend in confusion, drinking from the hot chocolate Mary had given her.

"I enjoyed the show," Freddie spoke up just as Roger took a sip of his beer. Reina smiled at the man she was close to, her curly hair a little messed up by the fact that Roger kept messing it up.

"Thanks, man."

"Thank you."

Reina nodded slowly, knowing why he was there in front of all of them, looking a little nervous. She was encouraging him through the nod of hers, sitting up as best as she could with Roger's arm around her.

"I've been following you for a while, actually," Reina mentally facepalmed at that. "Smile. Makes sense for a dental student." Reina snorted, innocently sipping her chocolate when Roger glanced at her. "And you're astrophysics, aren't you?"

"Yeah."

"Makes you the clever one," Freddie said, softly chuckling when Reina nodded her head fast.

Brian and Reina turned to face Roger who was already staring at them. Brian spoke up, feeling great about the compliment. "Yeah, I suppose it does, yeah."

"I study design here."

"Oh, yeah?" Roger questioned.

"Yeah," Freddie nodded. Reina felt her heart speed up just a slight when she saw Freddie take out something out of his pocket. "Also, um, I write songs. Might be of interest to you." Reina bit her lip, grabbing it before he could put it away. Roger nudged her. "It's just a bit of fun, really."