/ You and Me /

Thursday
10:45

Thursday 10:45

Knowing Yuri, I was expecting to be whisked away to some obscure part of town by my "night in shining armor."

Somewhere magical, somewhere hidden........

Somewhere being anywhere you wouldn't expect.

But as he drove my Jeep into a perfectly ordinary driveway, with a perfectly ordinary house I vaguely recognized coming into view......

I knew that this adventure of his was much more personal.

And even less expected.

"So, this wasn't exactly where I planned on taking you," Yuri said quietly as the engine turned off and he sat back in his seat with a deep breath. "For a shit ton of reasons."

"This is your house right?" I asked, Yuri getting more and more bashful as each second passed.

My eyes scanned the outside of it, and I smiled at how quaint it was.

Sure, it was no West Coast Mansion.......

But who gave a shit about that?

Certainly not me.

"Yeah. Yeah, I uh.......
Look, I know it's not a beach house or a suburbian palace.
It's more of a middle class rundown shack.....
And it's no....."

"Yuri," and I cut him off as I turned towards him and flipped off the radio, an amused smile on my face. "Since when do you think I care about that kind of shit?"

"W-Well," he stuttered, shifting in his seat as he looked at me with those big brown eyes. "I don't know I just, you're you and I'm........
I'm me."

What the hell did that mean?

"I'm me?"

"Oh, don't play dumb. You know exactly what I mean," he said as he got out of the car and I followed him, grabbing his arm so we both stopped in front of the hood.

"Uh, pretty sure I don't know. You're gonna need to elaborate Jersey Shore."

"Oh come on! You're Mr. perfect with your beach house and your football scholarship and your hair and you're surfboards and, and you're....." his lips going on and on and on as I watched him speechless, Yuri practically out of breath as he gestured wildly.