Cinnamon Rolls For My Cinnamon Roll (J5 era)

August 29, 1972
At Hayvenhurst
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You got to spend a lot of time at Hayvenhurst due to your cousin Hazel dating Jermaine Jackson.
She would bring you along to meet the other members of the Jackson family.
Little did you know, she want led you and Michael to end up together.
Bringing you with her was part of the plan.
You and Michael had become best friends.
Today, you went over to Hayvenhurst to spend time with Michael on his birthday.
You had a little present for him.
"Hey Michael!!! You're 14 now!" You said
excitedly while hugging him.
This was your secret way of saying "Happy Birthday!!!" without conflicting with his religious beliefs.
He smiled.
"You're right. I'm an old man now." He said jokingly.
You laughed.
"So, the first order of business is....Cinnamon Rolls!!!!" You said excitedly.
Michael laughed.
"You always did have a thing for Cinnamon Rolls. I'm jealous. I think you love them more than me." He said laughing.
"I mean....I can't eat you so....."  you drifted off.
"Sure you can!" Michael said before putting his arm near your mouth.
You took a pretend bite and frowned.
"I think it needs a little sweetener. Guess I'll have to pour some sugar on you." You said.
He laughed.
"As long as you don't stick me in the oven with your Cinnamon Rolls, I'm happy." Michael said.
You laughed before grabbing his hand to lead him downstairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/n: I had to show off my Cinnamon Rolls that I made last night

(A/n: I had to show off my Cinnamon Rolls that I made last night. #totallynotaselfpromo 🤣)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Cinnamon Rolls were successful, but you and Michael were now covered in flour.
Why?
You had a flour battle after Michael thought it would be funny to throw some in your face.
"Michael? (Y/n)? Did you fini-" Katherine cut herself off when she saw you and Michael covered in flour.
"What happened here?" She asked.
You and Michael pointed at one another.
"Mhmm. Since you both did it, you both can clean it up." She said before walking out of the kitchen.
Michael picked up a cinnamon roll and ate it.
"These are delicious. Here you should have one. A cinnamon roll for my cinnamon roll." He said with a full mouth as he handed you one.
You shook your head and laughed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You and Michael had cleaned up the flour and cleaned yourselves off as well.
Now you were sitting in his room on his bed.
"Michael?" You called out.
"Yes (y/n)?" He asked.
"I have something for you." You said as you took out a box and handed it to Michael.
"I-I can't take this. We're not allowed to have pres-" you put a finger to his mouth.
"Then let's not call it a present. Just a token of my appreciation for you being in existence." You said.
He laughed and nodded.
"Okay. I'll open my 'gift/not a gift' "He said jokingly as he unboxed the item.

 I'll open my 'gift/not a gift' "He said jokingly as he unboxed the item

He gasped before turning to you and hugging you.
He took one of the necklaces and put it around your neck.
You took the other and put it around his neck.
"I know it's not a lot bu-" Michael interrupted you.
"Thank you! As small it may be, it's the best gift I've ever received. You being my best friend means so much more than anything money can buy...and I love you for that." He said.
"Ewww you're going mushy on me Michael." You teased.
"Shush. I mean it though. You're an amazing best friend....." he drifted off.
You noticed his sudden change of mood.
"You okay?" You asked.
"I want to be more then best friends." He said.
Your eyes widened.
"You do?" You asked.
He nodded.
You bit your lip shyly.
"Do you like me the way I like you (y/n)?" He asked nervously.
You nodded and smiled.
He smiled before leaning in and kissing you.
Once you pulled away you grew concerned.
"How would this work? You're not allowed to date." You said.
"We'll have to do it in secret for now. I'll try to work on mother. Maybe she'll let us date officially at 16." He said with a smile.
You nodded with a smile.
"Then maybe....we could get married?" He asked.
Your eyes widened.
"One day at a time Michael." You said with a grin.
He laughed and kissed you again.