Chapter 6 - Pride Friends

Start from the beginning

The lizard almost twitched when a voice came out of the bot. Even if he couldn't understand what was said the threat was there. He knew because he'd used the tone before. He kept his glare up since he wasn't going to show fear.

After taking a few minutes digging through the pile of equipment left behind and found what he assumed was a communicator. He waved one of the Navy tech's over, "Pull this apart and see if you figure anything about it. Frequencies, sound ranges, anything. I don't trust they can't intercept our communications. They were able to send us a message in English and I'd prefer they can't." He might need to consider forming Pride bonds with them. That would give them something which shouldn't be able to be intercepted.

"Not a problem sir. New toys to play with." He headed towards one of the shuttles. He didn't have a great deal of tools but he should be able to find something.

The senior sargent came over, "While you were sleeping each team was stood down for four hours of sleep. We kept a team awake all all times but the Navy pilots were manning the shuttle weapons. One item which concerns me is our limited numbers. Even counting the Navy there's only twenty five of us. Keeping everyone from burning out is something we have to keep an eye on. I've sent a potential duty roster to you. Let me know what changes might be needed."

"Thanks. I'll look in a few. I wish I could rub my face but not possible in armor. I'd look like an idiot trying to do it." He looked around the hanger, "Send me a list of what was found. I'm not holding my breath but something might be useful." He was going to need and go sit down shortly. The sleep helped but he'd never realized just how draining loosing the bonds were going to be.

The queen was paying close attention to what little she could see in the hanger bay. She was also reviewing reports from the computers. The repairs were taking time and it was still going to be about two weeks before they're done. If they'd hit a different part of the ship it wouldn't be nearly as bad. She could have stood to loose some of the servant species since they could be easily replaced. The egg repository's not as much but the damage to the central passages and power distribution systems hurt badly.

She was still wondering about the communication between the bots. There was still a great deal of what appeared to be verbal interaction. The only thing she could think of was whoever was controlling them needed the verbal component. If so that was very odd. Why not use some sort of remote controllering software. Some of the species they'd pacified used that sort of tech. It led her back to considering just how frail the aliens were. Maybe that's why they had over armored ships. Once repaired she might have to consider having a few ships like it created.

She'd need to take over the hanger so she could examine the tech. She was still trying to figure out how she was going to do it. She just didn't know how since she was going to lose a lot of her fighter reptiles and warrior bugs. Might need to consider sending in a probing attack and see how they attacked and to verify the damage their weapons did. The loss of life didn't even cros her mind since it was their job to do her bidding. There were certain species most queens had but others were kept to themselves.

She might need to send a call to one of the other ships which belonged to her. Some belonged to queens she'd taken over. Others belonged to her for shipping, pacification, and many other things. She used to think she had the most powerful ship in this section of space but those little shuttle things proved differently.

~~~ Baraf and Paula show

They appeared on the porch as they usually did. When they walked in they could sense the deep sadness and sighed since there wasn't anything they could do. They might be Senka Eden's but their time of making major changes to the world threads was over. Minor changes to family and friends was one thing but anything like starting and ending the wars of unification they wouldn't do. It was the way of the Senka Eden. They were still in contact with the ones who trained them even as those two were in touch with the ones who trained them.