Chapter 6

"I can't believe your not coming Nat." Chloe said over the phone while she chewed on some gum. The sound it was making was annoying, but just rolled my eyes and tucked the phone in between my ear and shoulder to continuing making dinner. My mom had been working double shifts lately and that left me at home to do my own thing.

"I'm not gonna sit in a room and watch a bunch of men beating the crap out of people, as tempting as it sounds."

"You just don't wanna see your boyfriend." Clo teased and I almost punched her through the phone. Toby was not and would never be my boyfriend. I rolled my eyes again and placed the ramen noodles in a bowl. Dinner.

"He's not my boyfriend and you know that Clo, he's a complete jerk."

"But he's hotter than the sun."

"Maybe, but being a jerk has never been and never will be attractive." I placed a fork in the noodles and moved them around a bit before taking a bit and cursing when it burned my tongue.

"Whatever, you sure you don't wanna go? I can still pick you up."

"I'm good, have fun."

"I'll try, love ya."

I laughed, "I love you too."

I hung up the phone and sat at my table to eat my noodles. My head was still throbbing a bit from where I got body slammed into the wall. The same butterflies from earlier flew through my belly when I thought of Toby. It was no secret he was sexy, but I would never think of dating him. I wasn't into the cocky guys who thought they could have any girl. I was no some flimsy slut.

The night was quiet and since my mother wouldn't be home until early morning, I decided to stay up a bit late and scroll through some Instagram photos. There was nothing interesting and mostly just some photos of the fight. I watched some video of the fight for about five minutes before I got a notification.

Toby King now follows you

I rolled my eyes and continued strolling through pictures until a yawn escaped my mouth and I looked up to see what time it was.

Midnight.

I turned off my phone and plugged it into the charger before curling up under my covers and falling into a peaceful sleep.

____________________________

"He follows me on Instagram." I stated to Chloe at lunch. The school day had been boring and lunch was no more interesting. We were having some 'meatloaf' with lumpy mash potatoes and the disgusting, applied milk.

"He likes you."

"He doesn't like me, he wants to get in my pants. But that's not happening."

"You sure? He seems like he could put in work." Clo joked and her and Nina laughed. I rolled my eyes at the both of them, but joined in their contagious laughter.

"No thanks, I don't even understand why we're talking about him. How was the fight?"

"Amazing. Toby was on top of the guy grounding and pounding him. The guy had to be dragged out by his hands, you would have loved it Nat."

"I saw most of it on Instagram." I took a bite of meatloaf before nearly vomiting and pushing the meat away.

Chloe's eyes flicked up from her plate and smiled before she looked at me.

"Someone wants to see you." I looked up and saw Toby making his way towards us. I rolled my eyes and walked away to throw my trash away. I wasn't trying to talk to him.

"You missed my fight." Came a voice from behind me and again Toby towered over me placing his body in front of me.

"Yep, I did."

"But why? I won."

"I don't care, I didn't want to come."

Toby touched my waist and sent a bundle of nerves through my belly. I backed closer to the wall.

"Why don't you like me?"

"Why are you in my face? Move." I snapped and Toby laughed.

"You can leave, but I'm going to watch your ass as you go."

I grimaced as he moved his tall and lean body and allowed me to move. I peeled my body off the wall and he leaned his back against the wall.

"Those pants are nice!" He yelled behind me and chuckled. I continued walking back to my seat and sat.

"Two days in a row? He likes you Nat."

"He can like me, that's fine, but I do not like him."