Chapter 3: Sean

Tiffany was devastated. She got in her car and broke down. "UGHH WHY?!?" She screamed with frustration. Her phone began to ring. "Hey bestie. You okay?" Tiffany sniffled. "Oh no no no. Come to my house RIGHT NOW." Mariela said with base behind her voice. Tiffany gathered herself and drove to Mariela's house. When she arrived, she wiped her face in the car then got out. "We're upstairs!" Mariela shouted as she heard Tiffany come in. Tiffany walked upstairs into Mariela's room. She was putting clothes on Malaysia. "Hey love. What's wrong you look flushed." "No-" "Girl don't even tell me it's nothing. You can cut the bull. Spill it now." Tiffany sat on the bed with a frown on her face. Her eyes were full of tears. "Mari, Carlos is really tripping. We were catching up and he was really just on his phone. He wasn't paying me no attention so I brought it to his attention. Then I got tired of him not paying attention to me so I decided to just leave. Then he started going off. He was talking about how I wasn't ready for him in high school and blah blah blah. He finished his stupid bullshit story with the fact that our friendship is over." Tiffany explained with tears running down her face. "Where did I go wrong? AM I WRONG FOR WANTING HIS ATTENTION?! WHY!?" Tiffany became very irrational. "Aye aye calm down. It's okay relax. Listen, you don't need him. He's showing what he's really become since our last "reunion." Let him be Tiff. Accomplish your goals. Life is too short to he worried about some boy. I don't care how much you love him. You can only worry about you. Time is money and your time is precious. Don't waste it on anything other than yourself. Accomplish all of your goals and worry about you. You don't need him. Girl, you don't need me, but you know I'm not going nowhere. He's keeping you from achieving your goals. He's toxic. Leave him where he is boo." Tiffany smiled and wiped her face. "You're the best creation ever. I love you." Tiffany said while smiling. "I love you too. Now, Jordan and I are going out an-" "Yes I'll babysit my baby for tonight and tomorrow." Tiffany said while playing with Mayalsia's feet.

Tiffany had Malaysia in her Pack-N-Play while she cleaned up. Rose jumped up onto Malaysia's play pen a couple of times just to check on her. "Good girl Rose." Tiffany said as she cleaned the kitchen. After her task was completed, she took Malaysia out and played with her. "Hey there pretty girl. How are you?" Tiffany asked in a baby tone. Malaysia squealed back. It made Tiffany smile. She looked over at her phone and noticed a text from an unknown number. She read it out loud. "Tiffany talk to me. I'm sorry for the other night. We can make things right. Come on Tiff." Tiffany laughed. "No thank you." She locked the phone and put Malaysia down for her nap. She took a quick nap herself. She woke up to a notification on her phone. Her math grade had dropped to a 40. "What in the- uggghhh." Her teacher emailed her and suggested a tutor. "Its always something with these teachers." Tiffany rolled her eyes and went back to sleep.

Before they all knew it, it was time for them to head back to school. Tiffany said her last goodbyes to Mariela and her parents. "I'm going to miss you best friend. Make sure you call me every night." Tiffany said as she gave Mariela one last squeeze. "You know I will." Mariela replied. Malaysia was asleep in her carseat. "Bye babygirl. See you later." Tiffany whispered. After they all said their goodbyes, they went in their own directions. Tiffany arrived to the airport just in time. As Tiffany waited, she listened to music. When her plane was called, she got up too fast and bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry." Tiffany said. "It's good. Don't stress it." A deep voice said while chuckling. Tiffany was so embarrassed and didn't want to look the young man in his eyes, but she did anyways. "I'm so sorry. I'm very clumsy. I hope I didn't hurt you." Tiffany said. She was flushed. "Don't sweat it. I'm fine. Are you okay?" "Yes thank you." Tiffany said. She observed the young man. Noticing his luscious brown skin, chocolate chip eyes, and perfect white smile. She stood there in shock. "H-h-h-hi." Tiffany said. "Last call for flight to New York." Tiffany gathered her things and started rushing. "I'm- I'm- I'm sorry. I gotta go." Tiffany said leaving him behind. She got on her flight and relaxed.

She finally arrived back in New York. That young man from the airport was on her mind. "He was absolutely gorgeous." Tiffany said to herself. She shook it off and headed to Albany. When she arrived, she went straight to her dorm room. She studied for the big test she had in math. "I hate math so much." She said out loud. Tiffany didn't have a roommate anymore since her roommate dropped out. They didn't plan on giving her another one neither. Tiffany pretty much had if good until the next day. "Mr. Smith, a 60? That test didn't boost my grade up AT ALL?" Tiffany said with exasperation. "Tiffany, that one test doesn't do much. You struggled with basic things. Like turning in worksheets or doing bookwork. I know you're struggling with the math a tad bit. So I recommend a tutor and I've assigned you one." He paused then continued. "His name is Sean. He'll be tutoring you everyday until you pass my class in it's entirety." He hands her a piece of paper with a time to meet Sean. "He'll go into further detail when you both meet." Mr. Smith said. He saw the expression on Tiffany's face. "Give it a try or don't, but I want you to pass. He's a great student. I wouldn't want to hurt your grade." Mr. Smith said before leaving. "UUUUUGHHHH. I hate math!" Tiffany exclaimed.

Tiffany got herself situated to meet her tutor. She put on some jeans and a shirt. She walked to the library. She arrived 15 minutes before they're "meeting." She checked the time on her phone. She was nervous and she didn't know why. While she waited she did her English homework. About 15 minutes had passed when Tiffany heard her name. "Uhh Tiffany?" The voice said." She looked up. She remembered his face. "Sean?" She asked. He then realized he recognized her too. "Hey, I remember you. We bumped into each other at the airport in Georgia. Nice to meet you." He said while reaching his hand out. Tiffany shook his hand. "Yeah, nice to meet you too and I'm sorry, again, for that." "Don't sweat it. I wasn't paying attention neither. Accidents happen, but let's get to this math." He said with a smile. They studied for about an hour. "Good session today Tiffany. You'll get the hang of math in no time." Sean said with positivity. "Thank you. I hope so. Thanks for your help too." They gathered they're things and began to leave. Tiffany reached for the door. "I got it." Sean quickly said. "Thank you." Tiffany said while blushing. "Same time tomorrow?" She asked. "You know it." He said. Tiffany smiled and went back to her room. "Such a pretty name to fit such a pretty guy." Tiffany said as she laid in her bed. "Sean."