Chapter 2: It's Over

Jordan came downstairs with water on his shirt and soap on his neck. Everyone laughed. "Mariela wasn't completely dressed..or dry." Jordan said. Everyone went to the kitchen to eat. They caught up. "I love campus. Alot to see. People are really nice, but annoying," Mariela said with disgust on her face. "But I'm learning and passing. How's everything at LSU guys?" "Pretty good." Jordan said. "Yeah everything is straight. Campus is nice, dorms are neat, you know....all of that good jazz." Carlos added. Tiffany was in her phone. "TIFF." Mariela said. "Wassup?" "How's college?" "Oh, it's fine. I'm passing, but balancing everything is kind of hard. Y'all know I'm not balanced. Other than that, it's good." Tiffany said.
While everyone conversed in the kitchen, no one was paying attention to Malaysia. She crawled into the kitchen and stood up. She took one step and fell. "AH!! Do it again." Mariela said. Malaysia pushed herself up and started walking. "Da-da da da da." She said as she walked towards Jordan. Mariela began to cry. Malaysia fell. "Awee." Jordan said as he picked her up. "Why you crying babe?" "Because my child took her first steps and she's calling you dad." Malaysia banged on the table. Jordan kissed Malaysia and Mariela. "So what's the moves for tomorrow?" Tiffany asked.

The next day, everyone went to the mall. They all walked together until the girls went in Pink. "Hell nah. I am not doing it." Jordan said "Me neither. Let's go to the food court." Carlos suggested. Tiffany saw them about to leave. "Where do y'all think y'all going?" Tiffany asked while crossing her arms. "We going to the food court. We'll be waiting for y'all there." Carlos replied. Tiffany looked at Mariela and looks back at the guys. "Okay. Wait right here." Tiffany went back into the store and came back out with Malaysia. "Here you guys go. Enjoy." Tiffany said while laughing and walking back into the store. Jordan and Carlos looked at each other and shrugged. "She's a baby. Let's go." Carlos said. 15 minutes later, Mariela and Tiffany came out of Pink. Tiffany saw Carlos by himself with a girl. She had an LSU shirt on. Tiffany crossed her arms and walked over to them. She cleared her throat. "Hey Los. You ready to go?" "Uh...Yeah...Yeah. I'm ready, but before we go, this is Brittney." Carlos said. "Hmm, hi. I'm Tiffany. Carlos's best friend." "Hi, I've heard so much about you." Brittney said with a smile.

After Tiffany met Brittney, she felt a little jealous. She felt like she should ask Carlos about her, but she didn't find the need to. "Hey Tiff, dinner at my house with the fam. Then WE can catch up with some alone time. See you at 7." Tiffany read the message, but didn't send a response until an hour later. "Okay. Sounds like a plan." "Finally some alone time with him." As Tiffany got dressed, she heard barking. "Awe man I miss Rose. Of course they took my dog with them on their vacation." Then there was a knock at her room door. "Come? In?" Tiffany said as her anxiety levels increased. "HEY SWEETIE YOU'RE HOME!!" Tiffany's mom said with joy. "Ughh mom don't do that. Heyyy!! I missed you so much. Where's dad?" "He's outside getting our stuff from out the car. Give me a hug." Tiffany gave her mom a long tight hug. "Mom, I missed you so much. You don't even know the half of it." "Oh, I missed you too munchkin. Looks like you're heading out. Be careful. I love you so much." "I love you too mom." Tiffany gave her mom one last hug before going outside. "ROSE!!! DAD!!" Tiffany shouted with glee. "Hey, pumpkin. Come here." Tiffany jumped into her dad's arms like she was still little. "Hey Rosie girl. I missed you too and I love you so much." "Heading out?" Tiffany's dad asked. "Yeah, but I'll be back later on tonight. The rest of my stay we'll do a family day. Just us." Tiffany assured him. "Well alright. You be safe. I love you kiddo." Tiffany dad gave her a kiss on the forehead.

As she pulled up to Carlos's house, she felt nervous. She hadn't seen the Brown's in a long time. She rang the doorbell. Carlos answered the door. "Hey Tiff." He gave her a hug. Tiffany felt the difference in how he hugged her and she didn't like it at all. "Gold evening Mr and Mrs. Brown." Tiffany said. "AHHH, Tiffany. Nice to see you." Mrs. Brown said. She gave Tiffany a warm hug. Mr. Brown followed right behind her. They sat down and enjoyed the meal. They laughed and took a trip down memory lane. "Wow, you kids grew up so fast." Mrs. Brown said. "Yeah. Well mom, we can't stay kids forever." Carlos said. Tiffany helped clean up. "Come out back when you're done." Carlos told Tiffany. After Tiffany finished giving a helping hand she went out the back sliding door. "Hey there missy. Long time no see huh? Feels like just yesterday we graduated." Carlos said. "Yeah. Time flies."

As the conversation went on, Carlos seemed distracted by his phone. Tiffany didn't like it. "Who you talking to?" "Why you worried about it?" Carlos said while chuckling. "Nothing, I just wanted go know, but you don't have to tell me." Tiffany said while shrugging. "Man, don't start. It's not even the time." Tiffany didn't understand where all the hostility was coming from. She brushed it off. Another hour went by and Tiffany wasn't enthused. Carlos was busy in his phone and Tiffany just sat there. "Well, I think I'll be going. I'll leave you and whomever got you hooked to that phone, alone. See you later." Tiffany said as she got up. "See that's what I be talking about. I don't know why you care about who I'm talking to. You didn't care about me when we were in high school. You didn't want me then now did you? NO. I don't think so. Just cut it out Tiffany we're both too old for these childish games you want to play." Carlos said with anger written all over his face. Tiffany stood there in shock. "I never said those things Carlos. What's wrong?" Tiffany said with concern. "Awwhhh don't act like you care Tiffany. Okay, I'm done with the stupid games. I'm completely out of it. You said you weren't ready in high school. I gave you time. I- you know what, I'm done with our friendship and everything else." "Carlos, what's wrong? Tell me now!" Tiffany began to cry. "You're what's wrong. I'm done with this. I'm done with everything. It's over."