Chapter 1: Glad To Be Home

After Mariela had her daughter and her and Jordan got together, everyone went their separate ways. Tiffany went back to New York, Carlos and Jordan went back to Louisiana, and Mariela went to South Carolina. She took her daughter with her and walked with her on campus. It was now July 2nd of the next year and Mariela decided to head back home. She loaded her and Malaysia into her car, and headed home. When she finally arrived no one was in her house. She went to her room and went to sleep with her daughter. Three hours later she hears her mom walk in her room. "Hey sleepy head. Nice to see you back home." Mariela looked up to see her mom holding Malaysia. "She was wide awake when I checked up on you. She was just laying there." "Ughh. She's so quiet. She doesn't cry much." Mariela's mom chuckled. "That's a blessing because you were a cry baby." They both laughed. "Glad to be home. I just wish we were all together."  "I know, but we're going out to eat later tonight." "Alright momma."

That same night, while Mariela was out with her family, someone texted her phone. "I'm home. I know you're out right now. No one is home. Sleepover at my house😘" Mariela smiled. "Lol. Okay. See you then. Piece of cake." "Piece of pie." After Mariela's evening out with her parents came to an end, she got ready to head over to Tiffany's house. "You want to leave Malaysia with us stinkerbell?" Mariela's dad asked. "No thank you dad. Pretty sure Tiffany wants to hold her before she gets too big." Mariela said while chuckling and rolling her eyes. "Okay, be safe. I love you all." He gave her a kiss on the forehead. "We love you too dad. Text you when I get there." As soon as Mariela arrived to Tiffany's house, Tiffany ran outside. "AHHHHHHHHHHH MARI!!!!!!!!!!" She jumped into her best friend's arms. "Heyyyyy girll!!!!" Mariela said full of joy. "We have so much to catch up on. Ughh, I miss y'all." Tiffany said. "We missed you too. Can you go get her out while I go pee?" "I got you. I'll bring the stuff in."

Tiffany set the baby on the couch in her carseat. She was fast asleep. She went back outside to go get the baby bag out of the car, when a car pulled into her driveway. "Who in the world?" She whispered to herself. It was dark, so Tiffany couldn't see. She saw two figures. She reached for her gun, but realized she forgot to grab it on her way back out. "Damn." She whispered. She grabbed the baby's bag and crept toward the front of the car. She noticed that one of the figures disappeared. "Where did the other-," but before Tiffany knew it, someone grabbed her from behind. Tiffany didn't scream for help. She did the self defense moves her dad taught her when she was little. She flipped and tall figure over her shoulder. "WHO ARE YOU!?" She yelled. "Tiff, it's us. Carlos and Jordan." "Carlos, what did I tell you about doing things like that?" She helped him up. "Still one hell of a move best friend." Carlos said with a smile on his face, even though he was in pain. "Come here stupid." Tiffany said. She gave him a big hug. "Hey Jordan." "Wassup. I'm glad I didn't run up on you." Jordan said. "Carlos knew better, but come inside. Mariela will be happy to see you."

When they got inside, Malaysia was awake. "Hey there little one. I didn't know you were awake. Sorry for taking so long." Tiffany said to her. She took her out and put her on the floor with some of her toys. She squealed and threw her toys. They all laughed. Tiffany went upstairs to check on Mariela. She knocked on the bathroom door. "Are you okay in there?" No answer. "Mari! You okay?" Still no answer. She opened the door. Mariela had her earbuds in while she sat in the tub full of bubbles. Tiffany chuckled and slowly closed the door. "Jordan come upstairs." She led him to her room. "Stay here. Don't touch nothing. Mariela is going to come in here soon to put her clothes in my hamper. Just stay here." "Alright." He replied. While Jordan waited for Mariela in Tiffany's room, Tiffany went downstairs with Carlos. He was on the floor playing with Malaysia. Malaysia was talking to Carlos. Tiffany smiled. "Hey there." The both of them looked up at her. "Hey Tiff. Come here and give me a proper hug now that the pain is gone." "Awe you punk." Tiffany said while laughing. They hugged for 2 minutes, but it was interrupted by Mariela's scream. Carlos was going to run upstairs, but Tiffany caught him. "She's fine. Remember? Jordan is up there." "Yeah you right." Mariela ran downstairs. "OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! TIFFANY, JORDAN IS UPSTAIRS!!!!!" Tiffany laughed. Mariela notices Carlos. "AHHH!!!! Y'ALL ARE HERE OMG!!! COME HERE!!!!" All of the yelling was making Malaysia yell and get upset. "Stop yelling Mari. Your excitement is scaring Laysia." She calmed down. "Ughhhh, I'm just so happy to see you guys and I'm glad to be home."