[5] ~ [ Broken Promises ]

I knocked on the door in hesitation.

"Come in!" I heard Dr. Smith say from inside.

I walked in and gasped when I saw him. His hair was brown and wet, and he somehow looked better then he did the other day. He smirked and gestured me to sit down.

"So... Ma-" He started but I interrupted him.

"Alice!!" I was frustrated that so many people were getting it wrong.

"Wow! Someone's mad! Okay so Mary-" I interrupted him yet again.

"Alice-"

"Mar-"

"Alic-"

"Mary-"

" ALICE!!! OKAY? ITS ALICE!!"

He started to chuckle which infuriated me even more.

"Your face is adorable when your mad." He said with a smile.

My breath caught in my throat.

"R-really?" I stuttered, feeling myself flush a scarlet.

"And you look georgous when you blush." He was looking at me intently.

When I snapped out of it, I said, "What did I come here for?"

"Oh- Uh... Do you need to talk about anything. Any problems?" He asked cautiously.

"Any problems?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Yes. Do you have any problems?"

"Do I have any problems?! WHAT DO YOU THINK?!!!" I screamed in outrage.

"I don-" He started but I interrupted him.

"They stole me away from my family and friends! They torture me with their presence EVERYDAY! They keep me locked up in a dark room and feed me things I would have fed my dog! So knowing all of that, how do you think I feel? That's right, you don't care. Because your one of the 'doctor's' trying to 'help' me!!"

"But I'm not! I'm not your foe! I'm your friend! Please believe me!" He looked me in the eye.

"Pinky Promise you wont hurt me like you hurt that girl?" I asked and held out my pinky.

His pinky connected with mine but what happened next shocked me.

It wasn't the fact that he felt freezing cold like ice or like the water outside on a winters day, It was because when I touched him sparks started going off. He had a knowing grin on his face that made me smile.

"Pinky Promise. I'll protect you from myself and from anyone else"

****************************

The next few weeks went by in a blur. And although I hated to admit it, I was always excited to see him. It would be the highlight of my day. So when I got the news that he would be gone for 9 days, I was disappointed to say the least. And when it was time for my session with him, I was terrified.

His appearance screamed all the bad names.

"Hmm... Alice is it?"

"No. It's Mary." I didn't like my name on his lips. It just didn't feel right.

"Hmm okay... let me ask you this... Do you think your parents loved you?" My eyes went wide. Was he really asking this question??

"Uh- yeah. Of course. Why wouldn't they?" I asked, afraid for the answer.

"Well... look at it this way. They dropped you off here like a dog owner drops their dog off at the pound. No goodbyes or anything."

I flinched. That hurt. He actually compared me to a dog!

"You know it's true, right?" He asked, a smirk playing on his lips.

I only nodded. I was tense when he came over to my seat.

"Do you want me?" I froze at his words, frowned and shook my head.

"Well that's too bad. I ALWAYS get what I want." I looked into his eyes that screamed lust.

It was the last session I had with him. I didn't take his words from the first session seriously. But I should have. That was the night he stole away my virtue.

The guards took me to my room. I slept on my bed, knowing the sheets were bound to turn red. The last thing I said was, "You promised..."