please ~ natasha romanoff x fem!reader

Please
black widow x fem!reader
mild swearing.

~

You were nearing the end of your solo mission and you were getting incredibly weak. Though you were winning, you could sense something wasn't right. Everything was going smoothly, almost too smoothly. You weren't suspicious, though. You simply thought you were doing this mission on a good day, meaning you were stronger than other days, and the creature you were fighting was getting weak. It wasn't putting up a fight.

"I think this guy's finished. I'll be out in a jiffy." You said to Natasha Romanoff from the coms, kicking the creatures leg, making it fall down.

You panted, as you plunged a sword deep into the creatures stomach, smiling as it groaned. But something was off, something wasn't right. Your smile dropped as the creature's blood stopped and it got up from off the floor, as if it was putting on a show.

"Oh shit." You muttered. The creature rose slowly, using its big hands to grab you, and then it slammed you onto the ground. It repeated said action a few times, until you stopped moving.

"(y/n)? (y/n)?? Are you okay??" Came Natasha's panicked voice through the coms. Of course, you couldn't hear as you were unconscious. "Shit!" Natasha cursed, she realized she had to go in. She had to make sure you were safe, even if it meant to put herself in danger. She ran into the large room you were in, and with all her anger, all her rage- she kicked the creature. She didn't do much, but it made him fall down and give her just enough time to quickly grab you and run out of the room.

"I request backup." She said into the coms. "On it."  Said Wanda and Sam, and she felt the breeze as the two zoomed past her, into the room. Natasha held back her tears quite well, but when she looked at you, she didn't know what came over her. Her eyes watered but her face stayed stony. She just barely managed to hold her emotions.

She walked into the quintet, looking over at Bruce and Clint. "Help her." She said softly, and the two immediately rushed over to her to help you, making sure you were alright.

~

1 month had gone by. Natasha hadn't left your bedside since the day the team emitted you into the hospital. She attempted to talk to you but it was too much. When the two of you spoke in the past, you normally always had a small smile on your face. It was different now. You looked weak and your skin was pale. Clint would come in every so often to take her to go get some food and to check up on you.

If it wasn't already obvious, you were in a coma. The doctors weren't sure when you'd wake up. The team was devastated. The avengers did manage to kill off that ghastly creature that put you in this dreadful coma, but it didn't bring you back.

"If only we didn't send her out there alone." Natasha thought, looking at you guiltily. "Nat." Clint said gently, walking into the room. "Come on, let's get you something to eat." He said. Natasha nodded, she got up and gave you one last longing glance before leaving the room with Clint.

Natasha and Clint walked alongside each other. "Natasha.. I've been thinking." Clint started. "Uh oh." Natasha rolled her eyes. "As I was saying," he looked at his friend in annoyance. "You seem to be um... spending an awful lot of time in that room.." Clint trailed off.

"You know why, Clint." Natasha snapped. Clint looked at her, confused. "I know you like girls and so does- oh shit, never mind" Clint cuts himself off. "So does who?" Natasha inquired. "No one." Clint said quickly. "Clint." Natasha said firmly. "Natasha." Clint mocked the assassin. She gave him a murderous look and he immediately paled.

"Okay, okay! I don't- I promised not to tell." Clint said, sighing. "I don't want to betray her trust." His eyes softened up. "Who am I gonna tell?" Natasha asked. Clint sighed, nodding. "It's (y/n). She likes girls too and I wasn't supposed to tell anyone.. I wasn't supposed to tell you. Oh god, she's gonna hate me now! Why did I do that? Stupid, stupid Clint-" Clint muttered, but Natasha cut him off with a slap on the arm.

"She does? she likes girls?" She asked him. Clint's eyes took in Natasha, the way her eyes lit up, her lips pulled in a small smile. "No way." He whispered. "What?" She asked. "You like (y/n)!" He whispered loudly to her.

"What? Says who?" Natasha asked, putting on her poker face. "Says you! Look at the way you act when you think of her! Oh my god, this is great!" He exclaimed. Natasha groaned, "calm your ass down, Barton." She said, "We don't even know if she's going to wake up."

3 months had passed, and Natasha was more attached to you than ever. When people weren't in the room, she held your hand. She muttered a small "hey (y/n)." every time she entered the room, but she had yet to talk to you as if you could actually talk back. It still hurt.

You were regaining your life, though. Natasha could feel it. Through the past weeks, the doctors said you were slowly getting better. Your heart rate was getting better and your body was regaining its warmth. Natasha could sleep with a little less stress than normal, knowing you were getting better. There's was still that doubt in her heart, knowing it can all go wrong so fast. She could only hope that you got better.

6 months had gone by and Natasha had almost lost all her faith and hope in you. The nurses and doctors didn't know what was going on, but you had stopped getting better. But she began to speak to you, as some doctors told her that it might encourage you to wake up. Everyday since the start of that 6 months, she said whatever was on her mind. Today was no different.

"(y/n).. today I have a secret to tell you. I like girls." She started. "You know.. only Clint knows about this- Me liking girls. And you do too, right? Clint.. he told me that you do, as well. He's sorry, by the way. I scared him to make him tell me. He didn't want to, but I forced him to. So I'm sorry." She said, softly.

"The point is, the doctors told me to talk to you because it might encourage you to come back. I just.. please, (y/n).. come back. The team needs you, I need you." Natasha said, letting one single tear fall down her face. She scoffed, rubbing it away. "God.. I really hope you can't hear how pathetic I sound. Just know, we need you back."

7 months had gone by, Natasha hadn't left your bedside. Only to use the bathroom, and to throw something away. The team would bring in food for her and they could slowly observe the way Natasha was falling apart. They would leave her alone and that's when she would speak to you.

"(y/n), I can't do this without you. I need you, please.. come back. I'm- I'm falling apart without you. You need to come back. You need to wake up." Natasha said quietly, tears clouding her eyes, she wiped the falling ones with the hand that wasn't interlocked with yours. "Please. I love you."  Natasha closed he eyes, wishing you would do something.

"Ah fuck. Nat?" You groaned, waking up in extreme pain. "(y/n)!" Natasha exclaimed. "Oh my god, you're alive!" She said. "Of course I am, ya doofus. I love you too, by the way. Can you call a doctor for me?" You asked, casually. Natasha was speechless, only you could make her speechless. She nodded, smiling at you and went to find a doctor.

A few minutes later, Natasha came back, the smile still on her face. "As soon as I'm out of here and healed, you are taking me out- ya hear me?" You said. "You owe me." You smirked. Natasha smirked back, gently nodding.

"Of course. Anything for the woman I love."