[0] the beginning

I stood next to father as he sat on his throne, looking at my brother and his friends

I stood next to father as he sat on his throne, looking at my brother and his friends. "The decreed hour is come. Set forth with my blessing, Prince Noctis." He said to my brother.

Noctis bows down, "Thank you, your majesty." He says.

"Take your leave, and go in the grace of the gods." Father tells him.

My brother stands up straight, "right." And then walks away. Gladiolus, Ignis And Prompto all look at him but quickly face the king and I before bowing and going at the prince. I frown knowing my turn is next soon enough. My soon to be husband will be coming soon also, I frown at that thought.

"Are you alright lady Astrid?" Drautos asks me, causing my father to turn to me.

I gave a fake smile, "of course."

"Your Highness!" Drautos calls out to my brother, I help father down the stairs along with his cane. Noct and the others turn to us.

"What now." Noct asks us before heading up the stair to help out father.

"I fear I have left too much unsaid." Father tells him. I glance at Prompto, "you place a great burden on those who would bear with you."

He lets out a chuckle, "you're the one to talk."

"I ask not that you guide my wayward son, merely that you remain by his side." Father states to my brothers friends.

Ignis bows, "Indeed. Your grace."

"We'll see the prince to Altassia if it's the last thing we'll see." Gladio says.

"Yeah, what he said." Prompto says lost. My lips form into a smile. How can he be cute as hell? I shook my head at that thought.

"Hate to break this up, but Cor's got the motor running." Noct turns and starts to walk away. "Drautos, he's in your hands." He waves his guard off.

"And another thing." Father stops him. "Do mind your manners around your charming bride-to-be."

Noct walks back up, and bows. "Your majesty, as well. Try to mind yours around our esteemed guests from Niflheim."

"You have no cause for concern." Father tells.

"Nor do you." He states back. "But I shouldn't say for this bride-to-be." He points at me.

I shot him a glare, along with a frown. "As if." I mumble.

"Take heed. Once you set forth, you cannot turn back." Father reminds his son.

"You think I would?" He challenges.

"For me, yeah." I spoke up. This causes him to chuckle along with father.

"I need only know that you are easy to leave home behind." I frown, knowing I probably won't see my brother for a long time.

"Don't know about you, but I'm ready as I'll ever be." With that Noct turns around.

"Take care on the long road." Father spoke up, causing him to stop once again. He walks closer to brother. "Wheresoever you should go, the line of Lucis goes with you." He places his hand on Noct's shoulder. "Walk tall, my son."

Father turns and nods to me before walking back up the steps. "Noct?" I call for my brother. He glances at me. "Be careful."

"You too. With your groom-to-be." I frown at what he says. "Hey." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "It'll be fine."

"I guess. I love you brother." I state with passion into my words.

"I love you sister." He replies back.