The two worlds meet

Word count: 1447

The year is 5027 and earth has been completely destroyed, now the scientists of 3043 were able to create a new planet for the human race to escape to if the occasion were to rise, which they did. So while the earth was soon to be destroyed a good number of humans were able to escape to the new planet, some weren't as lucky. They called the earth Mir (which I believe is Russian for earth or life), in the beginning of Mir the nations of earth were at war but as they fought the planet started to split and so to prevent Mir and the human race to be gone forever they all came to an agreement. A living system for both humans and aliens. They announced that there would be two cities, city to the healthy and average. And city to the sick, gifted (hybrids of aliens and humans, they usually get cool powers) disabled, and aliens. The people of the healthy city were called Merces and the people of the sick were called Junkers aka junk. They created a building called he birthing home where children would live till the age of ten to see if they'd be a junker or a merce, how they'd find out is they'd give the kids a test, the ones who score an average grade would be a merce unless they had a disability, powers, or sickness. The extremely smart and talented kids became Junkers.

Raphael, a merce.. a boy who had a love for history. Especially in the time where humans lived on earth, customs are much different now, some are better than the old.. others not so much.. lately he's been noticing a strange person. This person always seems to lurk in the shadows in all black.. Raphael would grow curious and follow the "shadow man" but loosing them quickly... Today Raphael spotted the shadow person and once again decided to follow it, Raphael was able to get closer and soon it noticed him Raphael called out to it but 'He' ran, Raphael followed and they ran till it was cornered, it looked at him with its piercing icy blue eyes

"I'm on Pursuit of the "shadow man"..... it had escaped me for the past several days.... but I have made progress of tracking it.... I'll... finally be able too.... figure out what it is..."

Raphael spoke into the recorder in his hand as he kept pace with this shadow man. But with him talking into the device, keeping an eye on the figure, and running he was running short of breath. He took deep breaths as he rand and kept on talking. Finally catching up

"I have bought the Shadow man.... will now see who this is"

He had recorded the last sentence a bit winded now.

"Hello? I am Rafa, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.... uff, sorry I'm a bit winded..."

Raphael took a deep breath that's d looked into the eyes of the figure before him his had went for knife on his leg ready for anything, the icy blue eyes stare given off made the hairs on the back of his neck stand. And with a reserved tone of voice.

"May, I ask your name, and who you are?"

"S-stay away.."

The figure spoke she reached her hand out, she was trembling, the other hand was holding a fairly large bag, she pulled it close to her and whatever was inside rattled, only leaving anyone to assume it was pills of some sort

"I don't want to have to hurt you.."

As she spoke her hand glowed a dark shade of purple

"I know you've been following me.. I let it slip by because- what was it the old humans used to say? Curiosity killed the cat?"

"Hurt me?"

Raphael wanted to step back even if the figure in front was right. But to hear the voice of a woman now that got his Curiosity all tiered up and desired to take a step forward.