Chapter 5

*1 hour earlier*

She rises up from her bed and gently rubs her eyes.

The sun hits her face like a buzz of electricity, she groans and falls back to her bed.

"Ugh gotta go and look for any available jobs" she mumbled to herself.

Veronica gets up one more time and goes directly to the bathroom to do her business and get ready for the day.

She looked and looked in her wardrobe for anything that looked "professional".

"Bingo" she whispered.

"This will have to do".

She quickly went to the kitchen to cook something really fast for breakfast

"I got...eggs...bacon...eh thats perfect"
She mumbled.

.-.

Now you see veronica is a single woman who was left by her fiance years ago and she hasnt dated ever since. She tried, she really did but they never ended well. So she just decided that love only happens once and then you never have it again but right there, is where she was very wrong. She had to leave college because of him he promised her to not worry about that, as long as she was with him all her problems where solved, but then again all men do is lie...

.-.

*loud music blasting through speakers*

"Crush culture makes me wanna spill my guts out! I know what you're doin', trying to get me to pursue you!"

A loud bang interrupted her loud singing session.

She heads to the door to see who it is.

"Yes? Can i help you?" She sassed back.

"DO YOU NOT KNOW ITS CLEARLY 7 IN THE MORNING AND THE WHOLE APARTMENT COMPLEX CAN HEAR YOU? OUR WALL ARE VERY THIN SO I SUGGEST YOU TONE IT DOWN OR I WILL KICK YOU OUT!"

"Okay, okay jeez whatever" and she closed the apartment door on his face.

She continues eating while lowering down the music.

Once she was done she grabbed the newspaper with a bunch of red circles and headed out the door.

Since her ex fiance took everything from her she was left with no car so she had to walk to all these different job areas.

"No im sorry, we already hired enough people"

"Nope, all of our spots are full"

"No we are no longer hiring"

"That was last week, its not available anymore but thank you"

She was getting tired of listening that to literally every job she has signed up for.

She really needed a break from walking her legs were killing her.

Although she wanted to go home so bad, she saw a nearby strawbucks and thought to herself why not go?

She put her earphones in listening to "secret's safe with me" by the weathers.
Her favorite song at the moment.

She crossed the street and got to the tiny cafe and walked in.

As she was inside, she couldn't help but notice a guy was staring at her intensely, felt kinda uncomfortable if you ask her.

Veronica started walking towards the counter and was trying to gain the barista's attention back.

"Hello? Um, can i order a quick chocolate chip Frappuccino?"

Silence.

This is awkward what do i do?
She thought to herself.

"Hello! Welcome to strawbucks please excuse my weird partner, what would you like today?" Brittany quickly came into the picture and shooed bob into the kitchen.

"Hi yes, thank you that was getting a bit awkward" veronica chuckled.

"Yeah please excuse him he's usually never like that? He's always...charming" Brittany replied.

Veronica laughed.

"Mhm, yeah sure well anyways i wanted to order a chocolate chip Frappuccino"

"Okay, will that be all?"

"Yes, thank yo- oh yeah! Before i forget are you guys looking for anyone to hire I'm currently looking for a job" veronica quickly remembered.

"Hm, actually we are!we're starting to get more costumers that walk in and stay here to eat and we really need a waitress" Brittany politely replied.

"Oh yes! I'll take it when can we start? I'm ready to start as soon as possible and whenever!" She said excitedly.

"Sounds good, you can start tomorrow early in the morning because that's usaully when the costumers start coming in" brit said.

"Yeah definitely thank you so much! I really needed that opportunity, you're the only one that has said yes to me so thank you" veronica said sincerely.

"Oh its not problem at all, plus my partner, bob seemed to have an episode of love at first sight once you walked through the door" brit said with a smug smile.

"Oh, ha i definitely noticed, tell him i thought he was cute for me"

They both laughed together and Brittany was the first one to die the laughter.

"Haha sure thing i would like to see him turn bright red"

"Alright i have to go now thank you again...what's your name?"

"Brittany or most people just call me brit"

"Alright thanks a lot brit, my name is veronica, vero though for short"

"Got it! See you tomorrow at 7:00 am?"

"Yes definitely! adios!"

"Bye!" Brittant replied.

She seemed like a good best friend, she thought to herself.

-

Short chapter *evil laugh*

Also quick note the picture of the girl you see up therw is veronica.
No the real one (aka me) does not look like that (i look horrible compared to her) but i found her on pinterest and i realized that we have something in common...our love for vintage/retro aesthetic soo i was like okay then why not? Anywayssss....

Hope you guys liked this chapter more to come, :>
- V & B

Instas:
Personal: @/vronic.aa
Fan acc: @/vocabularrry

Brittany's insta:
@/floresbrittany70