Forgetting

ADRIEN'S POV

As the lunch bell rings, I run past Marinette, tapping her shoulder before throwing my bag in her hands.

'Hey!'

'I'll get you lunch!' I call, running to join the queue. Whist I wait, i feel a tap on my shoulder.

Chloe retreats her hand quickly, 'Hi Adrien,'

'Hi Clo, what's up,' Is it weird that Chloe has somehow transformed overnight.

I mean earlier, she smiled and complemented Marinette. It's hard to think that this is the same girl thats started up this whole superhero controversy.

'I'm good, yeah,'

CHLOE'S POV

'I heard what you said to Marinette earlier,' Adrien picks up two trays, 'That was really nice of you,'.

I try not to grimace. I am definitely NOT the person for sappy compliments.

'Thanks,' I hear myself say, 'Dupain-Cheng isn't too bad,'

He freezes in his tracks, 'Who are you and what have you done with Chloe,'

I shrug. As I'm about to speak, I see Avery and Lila heading our way. This isn't good.

I'm not ready for this.

ADRIEN'S POV

'I'm proud of you, Clo, really..' I go to pay, and turn around to see Chloe speed through the hall.

Weird.

I decide not to think much of it, and I notice Marinette, Alya and Nino beckoning me. All of a sudden, their hand gestures seem more frantic.

I am really bad at picking up signals. I walk a little faster, balancing the two trays, until two people stop me in my tracks.

'Hey, Adrien! I'm Lila,' One of them says.

I squint a little. She's probably one of those transfer students.

'And I'm Avery,' the other girl giggles, covering her mouth.

'I.. erm.. O-kay?' I walk around them, but they move to cover my tracks.

Left. Then Right. Left again.

I gently nudge one of them out of the way. I'm hungry and I need to eat before my food gets cold. And Marinette must be impatient as well.

I head to the table, and sit besides Marinette, sliding her tray infront of her, 'Ma chere Madammoiselle, it is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight!' She laughs, recognising the disney reference as I continue in a thick accent,'And now! We invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair as the dining room proudly presents.. Your dinner,'

I can't help but join in as she collapses in a fit of giggles. Marinette has the sweetest laugh ever, its sounds so happy and melodious, almost like windchimes...

My phone buzzes and I glance at it.

NINO-Your chere?!?!

I ignore the message, slightly embarrassed as he kicks my feet under the table, snickering.

MARINETTE'S POV

I hear Nino mutter something to Alya, who bites her lip. I know my best friend really well, well enough to know she's hiding a smirk. I wonder why though?

I turn to Adrien and he reads my facial expression, returning it with one that looks like I don't know either. As i'm about to ask, I see a hand gently tug Adrien's hair.