8 - threat

September 6, 2018
3:04 am

I wake up to my phone blowing up. Who the hell would be texting me at 3:00 am in the fucking morning? Thankfully, Ruel can sleep through everything and anything, so I wasn't worried about him waking up.

20 messages from "unknown number"

September 6, 2018

3:05 am

hello
hello?
answer me
i know this is you
emma come on
fucking answer me
answer me
hello?
emma
answer me
answer me right no
i stg
if you don't answer me
there will be consequences.
emma
answer me
answer me
hello?
i know this is your number.
emma?

who the hell are you and what do you want?

it doesn't matter who i am. what matters, is that you hurt me.

how did i "hurt" you?

you played with my feelings. you knew i liked you, and i think you liked me back. but you still went to visit mr. fuckboy in australia.

i'm sorry if i hurt you, but the feeling obviously wasn't mutual. ruel is the sweetest, kindest, funniest person i've ever met. whatever you have against me is fine, but it's not fair that you get ruel involved. he did nothing to you.

i don't care what you say. i'm going to australia. in fact, i'm leaving in two days. i'm coming to see you. you are going to pick me up, and take me to my hotel, you must be alone. i'll give you more information tomorrow. do not tell ruel. if you do, there will be consequences. don't test me.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I don't reply. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I know I should tell Ruel, but I'm legit getting threatened. I have a few ideas about who this person is, but I guess I'll find out when I pick them up at the airport.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

September 6, 2018
9:09 am

I wake up to the aroma of bacon and eggs, coming from the kitchen. I quickly get dressed, and head to the kitchen. I find Ruel cooking. A sight I never thought I'd see. "Chef Ramsay in the house!" Ruel shouted. I laughed and sat down at the bar. I scroll through my Instagram, and reply to a few comments. I've noticed there have been a lot of ship accounts made for Ruel and I. It's not that I don't like them, it's just I don't want people putting a label on us yet. I knew rumors would start up, but Ruel was right when he said that fans would go crazy.
"Hey, what's wrong? You look flustered." Ruel asked worriedly. I just can't get past the fact that I, along with Ruel, are getting threats.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong, I'm completely fine." I reply back.

"Just so you know, you're a terrible liar. I know something is wrong. Tell me."

"You don't understand Ruel. I really want to tell you. So fucking bad. But I can't. Please don't take it personal, I'm not telling you to protect you."

"To protect me? In case you haven't noticed, I can fight my own battles. I don't need yo-" he stops. He notices I'm on the verge of tears, and a look of instant regret crosses his face.

"I'm sorry. I should've been more understanding. It's just I don't like when people I care about, hide things from me. It makes me feel untrustworthy." Ruel said, looking down. I nod and try my best to give a genuine smile. It must've not worked because he giggled.

He sat down a plate with bacon and eggs down in front of me. He joins me at the bar, and we eat together in a comfortable silence.

Randomly, he says "I'm writing a song. It may or may not be about you." he says with a smirk.

"Really? What's it called?"

"Painkiller. It's about how, when I have bad days, I can always talk to you, and I'll feel better." I feel my cheeks getting warmer.

"You're cute when you blush." Ruel giggles.