-Preperation-

Before he could trash Australia,Cortex had to prepare himself and his army

Mutation creation had begun once more,now with more dangerous creatures like sharks,rhinos,lions instead of smaller creatures like bandicoots or potooroos. The Cortex Vortex now improved to strengthen the mind control. The Evolvo-Ray was rebuilt and was already mutating animals into sentient humanoid abominations

Cortex was working on something new; something big as he noticed that big creatures were rather dumb and destructive. He would use this to his advantage to making giant mutants his slaves! He would combine the most powerful creatures and mutate them into man eating and city crushing giants!

Before,the Cortex Vortex has had a very poor success rate when it came to mind control;most of them are still there because Cortex pays them or they have nowhere else to go. Dingodile was still with him because he was payed to fight Crash.
------------------------
-Another meeting was called-
"Change of plans! I think we should target different cities!"
"Why would we do that,Doctor?"

"We cover more ground that way! I have several cities I have thought of that we can conquer besides Sydney and Canberra"

"Scrap Canberra...we must be more varied and go global"

"Alright then"

"Go on! This better be good! If not and it fails! I'll curse the Earth for a century!"

"A-Alright..." he cleared his throat. "Well,if we destroy multiple cities,at once I tell you,Earth's forces will be too weak to fight back! We send a giant mutant or two to each city along with many Cortex Commandos to aid the giant mutants to weaken their forces and destroy as much as they can!"
"So crazy...it might just work! Cortex,this might be your first good plan!"
"Thank you,Uka Uka...Wait"
"So Doctor! What cities do we attack?!" N.Gin stuttered

It was soon decided what cities were to be conquered
-Tokyo
-Sydney
-London
-New York
-Moscow
-Washington D.C
-Hong Kong
-Paris
-Seoul

"I would also like to suggest we attack cities before tackling military"
"But you just said attacking the cities would weaken them!"
"I know! Without cities,supplies would be hard to get and that's how we'll finish them off!"
"Doctor,I think we should attack within a short time then retreat before heavier armaments arrive"
"Hey,That's not a bad idea,Tropy!"
"Hopefully this plan of yours works!" The diabolical mask yelled