"It's okay honey. You are a grown now and can have a boyfriend and all that stuff. We all knew that this day would come. Sooner or later." My mother says calmly, smiling at us.

Well, I was definitely not expecting this reaction.

"You know your father is being very protective when it comes to you. He just doesn't like to see his little girl growing up." Mom laughs, patting Dad's shoulder making him crack a smile. But as soon as he meets Jason's eyes, he puts his mad and serious expression back on.

"But darling, you could have told us before that you have a boyfriend. Never hide anything from us again, alright?" She tells me, looking lovingly at us. " Whatever, hello Jason, I'm Natalia, Maya's mother." Mama introduces herself to Jason while they shake hands. While they do so, my father catches sight of Jason's knuckles again. "What happened to your hands?" Dad asks him seriously. "Had a fight earlier, you know th-" Jason started to talk but I stopped him since he is telling the truth while he is drunk and I don't want my parents to know that.

Hopefully, they won't notice that he is drunk...

"It's pretty late, don't you think? Maybe it's time to go home now." I interrupt Jason taking his leather Jacket from my bed and giving it to him. "Maya honey, be nice to your guest. Jason, come and stay for dinner." My mother says nicely to Jason.

"No, I don't think that is a good idea. Maybe next time, alright? Jason is very tired." I speak for Jason, not letting him talk. When my mother wanted to say something again, my father spoke. "She's right Natalia. Now is not the right time."

"Alight. But Jason darling, please come over again and have dinner with us. So we can get to know you better." Mom invites Jason, smiling. "Maybe, we will see." I send her a forced smile, dragging Jason out of my room. "But next time when he comes over, we need to be informed." My dad warns, walking with us down the stairs.

By the time, we were standing in the living room by the door and I called a taxi for Jason. He wanted to drive by himself since he came with his own car, but I didn't let him since he was drunk and I didn't want my parents to see Jason's expensive car. He was able to tell the driver his address and after another little small talk with my parents, things went well and Jason left.

Right now, the decision I made feels right, even though I know it's wrong. I didn't have the courage to say the truth. I decided that the risk of not revealing the truth is worth far more than the risk of losing him. Why? Because I don't want to wake up five years from now thinking - what if?

*End of flashback*

"Block Party, tonight. You are coming." My best friend Ann says as we stand in front of our lockers, getting some books out for our next class. "But-" I was about to protest but she didn't let me. "You have to go! It's the first event that I organized with and literally, everyone is coming, even Tiffany comes with-"

"Alright relax Ann, I'm coming." I laugh, shaking my head at her. "Thank you. And Jennifer, you are coming too. Don't you both dare to leave me hanging like that." She warns, pointing a finger at Jenn and me warningly, making all of us laugh lightly.

A couple of seconds later I close my locker and put my books inside my bag. Looking up, I catch sight of Brandon who stands on the other side near his locker. The moment I see him, I realize that he was already watching me with an emotionless facial expression. I wave to his direction smiling a little bit, but he doesn't smile back and closes his locker, walking away.

"He hates me." I sigh, looking back to my two friends who saw the whole scenario. "Yeah, he really does," Ann comments, making Jennifer hit Ann on her arm.