Chapter 4: Hey.....Friend?

Not knowing what to do next, she coughed a little. Tyler's eyes darted to hers the moment she did, "Paige?" His voice was a bit faint as well.

"Er- Hey" she shrugged, trying to say it loudly but got almost no sound out.

"Hey.." He said slowly.

"Everything ok? Well, other than your ribs..." Trailing off, she tried to help out, and find her voice.

"I'm fine, just a bit tired and confused." She looked at the person beside her, who was asleep.

"Oh, good. I mean- not the confused part!" He said quickly, feeling embarrassed at himself. The girl had broken ribs. She gave a small laugh, then stopped when it hurt.

He put a hand on her arm, "Confused, huh?" He said looking at her smirking slightly. "Yes, confused." She said, tugging her arm out of his grip.

"Do you remember what happened?..." He wondered out loud on purpose, she rolled her eyes.

"I'm tired, so leave." And she layed back down giggling a little. It was silent for a long time, very long.

"Tyler?" Paige broke the silence, "Mhmm?" He replied.

"How long am I staying in here for?" She asked, wanting to demand it but didn't.

"Dunno, I'll go ask- ok?" He looked at her, starting to stand. Not wanting him to leave, but she did want to find out when 'she' could leave, she let him go ask. She nodded quickly then curled up back into a ball.

It felt weird not remembering anything, she was confused yet didn't want to tell the parts she did remember. Because it hurt just thinking about it.

~~

He came back about twenty minutes later. What seemed and felt like an hour to Paige.

"You've got two weeks, one if you heal quick enough." He explained as he sat back down, "but only if you don't move a lot and eat what your supposed to." He finished nodding.

Her laugh got muffled but she said "like that will happen" then Paige sat up. Tyler laughed a little, then he tried to start a conversation.

"Er- since you'll be in here a while.. Do you want me to bring you homework or something?" He asked awkwardly, normally being very bad at conversations.

"Nah, it's ok." Paige replied with a shake of her head, "I'm in pain, and doing homeowrk in the last thing I'd want to do." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh, ok..." Then, the dreadful silence came. They both seemed to be thupinking about the same thing, yet couldn't talk about it. It's been two days and they can barely look at each other.

Tyler checked his watch and said "Oh! I've gotta go, I have Transfiguration. McGonagall will kill me if I'm late." He jumped up still looking at his wrist watch.

"Oh, bye I guess." Paige blinked sleepily, "Bye," he said with a hopeful smile. Then left.

For the rest of the day, Paige was basically sleeping. She ate her dinner at 8:00 or 9:00 then tried to stay awake as long as she could, but failed. The nurse (Madam Pomfrey) gave her a potion for dreamless sleep, and made her drink it.

"Drink it!" Madam Pomfrey said as she pushed the goblet full of potion in Paige's face, Paige shook her head not daring to open her mouth at all.

"Drink it, now!" The nurse exclaimed, not giving up sooner or later, her face beet red.

Finally, Paige opened her mouth and let the bubbly potion go down her throat. A few seconds later it kinda burned, but it wasn't too bad. Slowly, she was falling asleep but everything still seemed normal. Then everything around her started spinning, and she passed out into a dreamless sleep....

~~~

A/N: Whoa... This is like, WAYYY to short. But better, :/ Ugh! But next part is gonna be extremely good! KEEP AN CHICKEN EYE OUT