Chapter Two

From that day on Theo tried his best to avoid Ansel at all costs. He knew that he was drunk and had been taking advantage of Ansel, and he thought that maybe Ansel would hate him now. Theo did not want to lose his best friend all because of a night at the bar.

No, not at all.

Over the next few weeks they did more filming for Insurgent. Ansel would try and speak to Theo after scenes but Theo would always turn the other direction. Frankly, Ansel was hurt.

More girls than ever were eyeing up Ansel since he left Violetta, but he didn't want any girl.

He wanted Theo.

He had the strangest desire for Theo.

Every time he saw those brown eyes, or heard that laugh, he would melt on the inside like butter on a warm pancake. He felt like a pancake, floppy and flappy, every time he saw those beautiful big lips. Oh how he would love to feel them against his again.

So he couldn't take it.

What was wrong?

Did Theo just forget about that night?

Or maybe, that night put Theo off Ansel. Maybe, Theo didn't like him anymore.

The thought of this made Ansel want to cry, more than he did when he broke up with Violetta.

So he decided to go and talk to him.

---

Theo was sitting on his bed when he got a call. Shailene was on the ID. He answered.

"Hey, Shai." He said cooly.

"Hi Theo, want me to come and hang out?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Byeeee." There was a certain flirtatious tang in her voice.

A few minutes after Theo hung up, Shailene dropped by.

They exchanged a hug. Theo felt a slight tingle, but not like the sensation he felt when he was around Ansel.

"There's something I want to tell you Theo..." Shai smirked.

"What?"

Shai put a hand on Theo's cheek. It felt friendly and warm. Theo's heart raced.

"I think I might like you."

"Really?" Theo chuckled.

"Yeah."

Theo closed his eyes, and let Shailene's soft kisses take him away. He forgot about Ansel.

He pulled away slowly. "Guess what. I have something to tell you, too."

"What might that be?"

"I think I might like you too."

"God, I've been waiting for you to say that ever since I met you."

Theo kissed Shai back, stomach and heart fluttering.

They stayed like that for what seemed like ages before Shailene twirled away.

"I gotta go." She smiled, and left the apartment.

Theo felt guilty, he felt like he was betraying Ansel.

As if by coincidence, there was a knock at the door. Theo thought Shailene was back, but it was actually Ansel.

He had a tear stained face. Theo's insides twisted and pulled. He felt so awful, like he had taken a punch to the stomach.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Ansel's deep voice seemed wrecked and cracked. Theo felt like he was going to throw up. He couldn't speak.