Chapter 15

Jake's  P.O.V.

I'm so excited I hardly have words, the days have passed by like seconds. Soon enough if the days keep passing this fast, the twins will be 20 and I wouldn't realize. Haven't heard from the Millie's bastard of a Father since that day.

"Babe, get this. Soon enough we'll have pups! Get it because my last name is Wolf... bad joke." My voice said slowly fading away. "It was so cheesy, It's one of the reasons I love you." Her gentle voice said in return.

We headed home that night and her cravings drove me crazy. "Hmm.. maybe pickles? What about ice cream? Oranges? Spaghetti?" Her voice hollered from the floor below. I rolled my eyes in disgust as she kept rambling on.

I had the best idea. "Babe, I'm going out, see you when I get back!" I said scrambling for shoes and my car keys. Before either women could respond I was already outside.

The best idea popped into my mind. I hurried to the animal shelter as fast as I could. Don't question me, I'm not going to eat animals, that's just cruel. I hurried as the ladies were expecting a meal, I hopped out of the car and hurried to the door. "Can I see the dogs you have for adoption?"

"Sure, are you looking for a specific breed?" I shook my head "But.. I want a puppy, like ya know... one that doesn't need it's mother anymore?" She understood me and thank goodness she was fast about it.

She led me to a what looked like a closed off section but was really just a doggy pen. It was full of maybe 20 dogs of different breeds. "WOW." One of the dogs had caught my eye. It had black fur with a couple little white lines that resembled scars. "How much would you take for the black one with white scar like spots?" She had grabbed the little doggy and let me hold him. "This little girl, her current name is Gracie but you know, you can always change it. She usually gets along well with people and children. She is 15 weeks old and quite playful." I tried my best to listen but the little cutie distracted me. "And how much?" I asked willing to take her no matter the cost. "$200 with the fees and a couple of the things you'll need to raise her like a collar, bowls, potty mats-" "Does this little girl possibly have any sibling?"

She left me with the little doggy in my arms and came back with another puppy, this one was Male and his fur was like the color of my chocolate hair and a little white tummy. "I'LL TAKE BOTH!" I shouted so excited to arrive home with my baby mama and more babies, puppies.

I went and got supplies for the both of them and came home. I let the puppies lose when I came in and they rushed to Millie and licked her face. "Awww are these little cuties ours?" I nodded and she almost screamed. "Thanks baby!! I love you!!" She was so happy she couldn't believe her eyes.

As the months passed Millie grew closer and closer to her due date and then the day came. "AGH!" she screamed as she pushed and pushed wanting the pain to be over. One came out and soon enough the second. Millie rested in defeat while the babies were cleansed and put to rest.