Chapter 26

Felix wakes up to the sound of Day6's I Wait blasting clear into his ear. He jumps up in shock and lets out a relieved sigh. I miss Nayeon's shrill shrieks. He taps at the screen of his phone until he reaches the stop button. With a groan, he forces himself up and goes to Nayeon's room. She is still sleeping, so he decides to get her things ready for her, like she always did for him. He dashes down the stairs and grabs her textbook and computer and shoves them in her bag. He also pours her some cereal, since he can't cook for shit, and makes her some tea. As he stealthy creeps back up the stairs she peeks her head out of her room.

"Felix?" She asks groggily.

"Oh you're awake? Have some tea." He says shoving the cup in her hands.

"I don't want the tea." She whines, handing it back to him.

"Oh."

"Nothing against you, but I just have a headache." She says

"I put stuff up for you. On your table."

"You did?"

"Uh huh."

"Oh. Sorry i'm a little off today. I'm gonna call in sick." She says, walking back up the stairs into her room. Felix shrugs and goes back down to get ready for school. He takes the cereal he made for Nayeon and eats it himself then hurries out the door. Seungmin is sitting on the bench where he usually waits and Felix skips up happily.

"You ready?" He asks holding out his hand. Seungmin grabs it and pulls himself up.

"As i'll ever be." He sighs. Felix smiles and the two start to walk down the sidewalk. After a while, Felix gets a devilish smile on his face.

"What are you thinking 'bout?" Seungmin asks nervously.

"Nothin'."

"Nooo tell me!"

"Hee hee you like Hyunjin." Seungmin frowns and kicks him in the shin. Felix stops and winces and Seungmin keeps on walking like nothing happened. Felix hobbles up to him, holding his leg up.

"Not cool." He says, motioning to the leg he is holding.

"Like you."

"What an uncool way to kick me when i'm down. Literally."

"Stop your blubbering, we're here already." The two walk into school, Seungmin smiling contently whilst Felix limps next to him. After the two grab their things they walk over to see their friends before classes start.

"Hey everyone." Seungmin greets.

"Why is Felix limping?" Woojin asks, confusedly.

"Seungmin kicked me" "Long story" The both say at the same time.

"Wait why exactly?" Chan asks.

"Tell you later." "No reason." They say together again.

"You will NOT tell." Seungmin says angrily.

"Fine fine." Felix says, putting his arms up in surrender. Changbin scooches over to stand next to him.

"Tell me later?" He whispers.

"Yeah of course." Felix responds with a little scoff. Changbin smiles.

School was pretty much straight forward that day. Nothing particularly exciting or out of the ordinary happened. Classes had the same boring lessons, teachers had the same boring tone. The only thing that didn't bore Felix to death was hiding his earbuds so he could listen to Dreamcatcher when everyone was quiet. It was calming for him and was the only thing he looked forward to during classes. After his English class with Woojin and Chan ended, the three went as fast as they could to get out of there. Felix skipped over to their usual meeting table where Minho and Jisung were already disturbing the peace, Changbin was laughing, and Jeongin was giving them dirty looks. Seungmin and Hyunjin hadn't arrived yet and everyone else sat down.