three

Katya had prepped herself all morning to go to the mall with Trixie. It was the first time she had been after what happened last summer. She tended to avoid public places at large due to her paranoia regarding being recognized, even though she knew it was incredibly unlikely for that to happen.

Trixie texted Katya at a quarter till two to let her know she would be at the girls house in just a few minutes. They actually lived quite close to one another. Trixie made a mental note to ask Katya what school she would be attending if she went back into the school system. But for now, it was the middle of June, and the last thing Trixie wanted to think about was her future sitting in a classroom with grey concrete walls and grey floors and grey people.

As Trixie's white Jeep slowed to a stop in front of Katya's house, she took in the surroundings. Her house was the picture of suburban tranquility. It had a pretty picket fence, it had a gorgeously kept garden. Trixie wasn't sure how someone from a house this gorgeous could have something so fucked up happen that she was required to go to group therapy.

"Mom," Katya yelled. "Trixie's here, I'll text you later!" Her mother came around the corner and gave Katya a kiss on the cheek before sending her on her way.

"Hey," Katya said as she climbed into the Jeep. She was wearing athletic shorts and a baggy tee shirt, but she still thought she looked fine. She was going to the mall to get clothes, anyway.

Trixie, on the other hand, was dressed completely differently. She had on a tight skirt and tank top which accentuated her boobs and butt. She looked gorgeous, and a ping of guilt fled through Katya's bloodstream as she noticed.

The two made small talk on the twenty minute drive. Favorite colors, favorite subjects in school. All sorts of basic knowledge things.

"Why do you have to go to this therapy thing?" Trixie asked. She had been wondering and desperately trying to piece together everything Katya had told her, but she couldn't do it.

"Well," Katya mumbled, feeling the familiar burn of anxiety in her stomach. "I'm not sure I'm ready to tell you, I'm sorry," she said. Katya was talking quickly and quietly, trying to push all of it out of her mind.

"Oh," Trixie said, internally rolling her eyes. "That's okay." She put on a sweet smile and turned up the radio, deciding she didn't want to talk anymore. She was listening to a country station and singing along to all the hits as Katya sat quietly behind her.

Damn, Trixie had a lovely voice. It soothed the anxiety that had been building within Katya. Sure, Trixie was singing country, which kind of made Katya want to gauge out her own eyes, but it could've been worse. It could've been, like, EDM. Anything Trixie sang sounded like angels singing as far as Katya was concerned. She kept quiet, well aware that her own singing voice sounded like rocks in a blender.

As they pulled up to the mall, Trixie parked the car close to the stores. The entrance they approached was near a forever 21, a Spencer's, and a Claire's. Trixie knew exactly what she had planned for their trip.

"So, Kat," Trixie started. She had on sandals with a slight heel, making her much taller than Katya. She was already, she guessed, three inches taller than the girl, but her heels made her a solid six inches taller. "What do you say to a makeover?"

Katya smiled, but her mind began to race. "Of me?" She asked, her voice cracking. It made her blush and Trixie smile.

"Yeah," Trixie said. "Not that you aren't already gorgeous. I just wanna mix it up and see you in something more my style." Katya blushed at Trixie's compliment and agreed.

Katya followed Trixie into forever 21 and examined herself in a mirror. Her wavy black hair was messily thrown into a ponytail, her mascara was minimal. She probably should've tried a little harder, she thought, but whatever. That's why she was being made over, anyway.

Trixie picked out a red silky dress and boots for Katya before sending her to the dressing room. There was also a pair of over the knee black socks with red bows on the back, which even Katya thought were adorable.

"Lemme know if you need help getting anything on," Trixie said. She picked a dress she knew Katya wouldn't be able to her on herself.

Katya pulled on the socks first. She loved them. They made her feel so cute and nice, she was glad Trixie picked them for her. And then it was time for the dress. It was a wrap around dress, which Katya had never put on before.

"Uh, Trixie?" She called, embarrassed. "Can you help me?"

"Of course, doll," she said, pushing open the door to the dressing room. Katya's back was to the door and she could see Trixie behind her in the mirror. She was very nervous, having someone she barely knew see her in such a vulnerable state.

Trixie wrapped her arms around Katya's waist to grab the strands as she tied them into a bow at Katya's lower back. Her skin was soft on Katya's torso. Again, she felt guilty for getting pleasure from the touch of her friend, but she couldn't help it.

"Put on the boots," Trixie whispered. Katya bent down and did as she was told, tying them into little bows. They had heels, so she was closer to Trixie's height, but only by a few inches. She looked in the mirror and admired what she saw. She was skinny with an athletic build, which she had never found beautiful. But something about what Trixie chose for her to wear made her feel gorgeous. She felt like a woman.

"I look so pretty," Katya said as she did a little twirl for herself in the mirror. She couldn't help but giggle at herself. Some type of euphoria had washed over her and made her into a child playing dress up, but she wasn't complaining.

"You do." Trixie knew she had good taste, but even she was taken back a bit by just how good Katya looked. "Now, take that off and meet me by the entrance. I'll buy it for you," she said, smiling.

"No, that's okay, I can cover it."

"No," Trixie said firmly, locking her eyes with Katya's. "I'm paying for it, I want to."

Katya smiled and nodded at Trixie, who smiled back at her sweetly. As Katya got undressed, she passed the clothes over the door and back to Trixie, who paid for all of them at the register with her mother's credit card. She met Katya at the front of the store and continued to hold the girl's bags.

"What would you say to a piercing?" Trixie asked.

"My mom doesn't want anything crazy," Katya said. "Wouldn't she need to sign some papers or whatever?"

"Don't worry about that. I'm asking about you," she said, pushing her finger to Katya's sternum.

Katya smiled. The only reason she didn't have any piercings was because she was lazy, not because she didn't want them. "I'll get my ears done," she said. Trixie smiled and took off towards Claire's. She picked out some red diamond earrings and handed them to Katya.

"Do you like them?" She asked. Katya nodded. "Good, I'll go get the paperwork," Trixie said, starting towards the register, where she got out and filled the appropriate paperwork. Since it was just Katya's ears, they didn't need a parental signature.

Trixie held out her hand toward Katya. "Squeeze me if it hurts," she said. As the employee squeezed the trigger and shot the earring into Katya's ear, she gripped Trixie's hand tightly and squealed. "Sensitive girl," Trixie whispered as the other ear was done. Again, Trixie went to the counter and paid.

It was about five by the time the girls were done with Katya's makeover was finished so Trixie suggested they head home. Katya agreed, and as they walked to the car, Trixie thought about how she already was getting Katya wrapped around her finger.