C22: The Olympian

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The hoplite had made excuses, too soft to let the Demi-god have access to his gelding - which was fine, he hadn't wanted it.

Except, it also meant that he had to get used to a rowdy stallion, that, with all his might, had already kicked him three times and Deimos had a want to let hin be eaten by lions if they came across any.

Hell, he would have rather walked.

Ran, scaled cliffs and just...

Deimos rolled his eyes at himself.

This was Eos' fault.

The cult were right.

She was only always a distraction.

She made him weak.

***

"What is wrong with you" Eos asked as she stopped, causing the huffing lycaon to bump in to her. Laelaps whined pitifully, "What's wrong with it" Eos turned around and the lycaon sat, he huffed again, "well of course they do. We already know that" Eos said to him. It wasn't the greatest of holds no but, the cult easily had their hands dipped in to the games; he sneezed, "exactly, you can sniff them out and warn me", Eos turned away and kept on walking.

Laelaps sighed and stood up, following behind her slowly.

His increasing discontent to go towards the valley of olympia had been getting all the more overbearing in the last few hours and, he wasn't telling her why.

Yes, there may be a cultist or two skulking about but, maybe Kassandra, if she was at the olympics, had already taken care of them or, was hot on their trail already.

It wasn't even as if Laelaps was desperate not to go, as if he felt something terrible was about to happen, he was just a being moany mongrel.

Perhaps it was the lack of excitement they'd found in Arkadia. They'd passed through relatively quietly. Other than selling a stag to a butcher in Tegea, with the man being astonished at how clean the kill had been - Laelaps had spooked the poor animal by accident and, it had tripped and snapped it's neck - they had kept to themselves.

Although, Laelaps had taken great pleasure in scaring a small spartan guard half to death after he'd announced to Eos that he was off duty at nightfall.

The Olympics though, with its purple banners and bunting, was it's own cause for excitement and, in full swing when they walked in to the valley of olympia. Javelins were being thrown, races were being raced and, olympians were walking around half naked.

Eos looked over at Laelaps, watching as he disappeared around a corner.

She followed behind him, hoping at least he knew where he was going.

She'd been to the Olympics before but, that was only ever to poison people in the dead of night. Laelaps led her passed an empty pankration arena and, to an awards ceremony. What she found was nothing like she'd expected.

The winner was being crowned...

And, that winner was also Kassandra.

"Barnabas" Eos said to the one-eyed man she found at the front of the crowd, prouder than any mother could be,

"Eos" he exclaimed, he pulled her in for a hug before Eos could step away, "You're alive",

"Yes I-" Eos felt eyes daggering in to the back of her head, heard the low growl of Laelaps close by.

Cultist.

Eos didn't turn around but, she caught Kassandra's eye as she hurried down from the podium to greet her, making her take pause and glance to where the lycaon stood, its belly low to the ground and its beady little eyes staring right at Kallias.