chapter two

A week later, it was the first day of school. Lucy was excited to see Rebecca again. "Someone seems excited today," Layla said while watching Lucy put her long blonde hair in pigtails, "Excited to see that girl you met?"

Lucy nodded. "Yea! I just know today will go well mom." Layla smiled and went back to what she was doing. Once Lucy was finally ready, her stepdad took a picture of her on his phone. "You look so nice sweetheart. I'll drive you to your bus stop. It's right down the street right?" She nodded. "Alright let's go!"

He grabbed his car keys and walked out with the blonde, but she didn't forget to say bye to her mother. Alot of things were going through her head. The teachers she'll meet, the people she'll meet, the classes, everything! She couldn't control her racing thoughts. They reached her bus stop and the two stood outside with other parents and their kids waiting at the bus stop.

"H-Hello." Lucy managed to say to a girl she saw with the same school shirt she had on. "Hey." The girl simply said back. No conversation. Lucy was bummed. Soon, the bus finally came.

"Have a good day at school!" Her father shouted at Lucy as she got on the bus. She only smiled at him. She took her seat and watched as the bus drove away from her bus stop, heading to downtown. Before they got to downtown, there was their first bus stop. Kids got on and onto the next. And who was surprisingly at the next bus stop? Yep, Rebecca.

"Hey Rebecca!"

"Oh hey Lucy!"

"Sit next to me silly!"

The ash blonde sat next to her and smiled at her. "I'm so happy your on my bus! Oh you like my hair?" She asked, motioning to her pigtails. "Mhm! You look very nice!" Lucy looked at her surprised. "Really? It's only a simple style..I look like a little girl." Rebecca chuckled, "You still look nice."

The two talked the whole bus ride to school. Once they reached the huge school, kids were walking in and getting off their busses. "Why it be alot of people then at orientation?" Rebecca nodded, "Factss though! But y'know majority didn't come TO orientation." Lucy couldn't argue with that. If she didn't go the second day, she wouldn't of even met Rebecca.

The girls went inside and boy was it a packed house. Rebecca noticed Lucy's body tensed and gave her a questionable look. "You alright?"

"Yea, just nervous." Lucy said. "I just want today to go good..since it's the first day of school and all." Rebecca put her hand on her shoulder, "Relax, it's only the first day Lucy." The blonde smiled at her. "Yea, your right thanks."

After everyone came, all the students were to report to the small gym where the principal, Mr. Dreyar, was with all the teachers and staff. Yep, there was gonna be a speech about the school. "Jesus Christ is fucking cold." Lucy cursed under her breath. Good thing her shirt was long sleeved or she'd be frozen to death.

The girls sat next to each other and Lucy saw a girl she also met at orientation with a guy that was her cousin.

"Hey!"

"Heyy gurl. It's freaking cold in here!"

"I know, they got the A/C on blast since it's hot as hell outside."

"Well damn, they can turn it down a lil'!"

Lucy laughed at the girl. Her name was Cana Alberona. She went into her bag and brought out some snacks. She offered Lucy some and she gladly took it. "Thanks!"

Rebecca was watching the whole session with confusion. "You okay Rebecca?" She looked at Cana and the guy, "You know them?"

"Oh, yea, I met them at orientation while we was all talking to other people." She mouthed an 'Ohhh' making Lucy giggle. Soon enough, Mr. Dreyar was about to speak but..there was one problem.

HE WAS SHORT.

"He's..."

"Tiny..?!"

Almost everyone was shocked to see their principal short. A white haired lady with ocean blue eyes helped him up to actually look at everyone in the gym. "Hello Magnolia High! I'm your principal Makarov Dreyar! I'm so glad to see familiar and new faces in this building!"

Lucy facepalms and put her face in her lap. 'Here comes the long speech.'

~

After that hour speech about the school and whatnot, everyone got their schedules to their classes. The girls only had one class today. Tragically. They don't even have lunch together. Again, Tragically. But they managed to make the most of their time together. They actually clicked rather quickly, which was a surprise to Lucy since she never clicked with anyone that easily in her life.

Lucy's friend, Natsu Dragneel, is in their sixth period class the girls share together as well as Shiki Granbell, a friend of Rebecca's she knew from middle school, so the class wasn't as boring. Now, the day finally ended and the girls sat next to each other again on the bus and chitchatted away like birds in a tree. Lucy was really happy she found a person who would soon later down the road be her wonderful girlfriend.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter ! Kit - Kat out !