chapter one

It was a gloomy morning in the city of Magnolia. The sky was gray and so we're the clouds. Today is an important day for fourteen year old Lucy. Why is it important? Because today is her orientation for highschool! She missed the first day though since she didn't know.

"Lucy! You gotta get ready!" Her mother, Layla, yelled from her room. "I know mom!" Lucy got up and went to go get ready. Her step dad was at work so he couldn't take them so they had to take the bus. Lucy was rather excited and nervous all at once. She was finally going into highschool and meeting new people. Luckily for her, today was gonna be something special.

~

Layla and Lucy got off the bus and stood right in front of Magnolia High. It was a big school. "Woww it's so big!" Lucy said in awe and she admired the building. "Mhm, now let's go inside for the orientation dear." Lucy helped her mother to the door. The of aged blonde had her walker with her. There were alot of students with their parents here. The two sat down and a teacher came up to them and explained about yesterday; the tutorial around the school that Lucy missed. "This school really IS huge!" The teacher chuckled, "Mhm."

Everyone soon went into the gym. It was rather small, much to Lucy's disliking. She expected it to be big since..the school is big. "Why don't you go on with the other kids sweetie?" Layla asked as she sat down in her walker. "You do wanna make friends right?"

Lucy nodded, "Of course I do! just nervous a bit.." As she was figuring out what to say to the other kids, a certain ash-blonde girl was with a group a kids, groaning. "I should of worse boots or sneakers..but I pick flats. Great." Rebecca Bluegarden; same age as Lucy, a bit chubby, wearing a Eevee hoodie with a shirt under, pants, and flats.

Out of nowhere Lucy giggled at Rebecca's comment. "Your complaining cause of that?"

"Of course I am. I don't like flats.." Rebecca chuckled at her own comment and looked at Lucy. "I see your new.. freshman?" Lucy nods. "Me too! Maybe-" Before she could finish, the whistle was blown from a bald head guy. "Alright! Get into groups.. we're gonna do some activities." Lucy and Rebecca looked at each other before saying, "Ughhh."

~

The social activities didn't last long. It was getting chilly in the gym cause of the air conditioner. The school had a cookout planned for the kids before it was time to go home. Lucy sat with a girl and a boy and ate her burger while talking to them both. Soon enough, it was time to go home. "C'mon Lu you ready?" Layla was already heading to the door. "Yeah ma!" Lucy grabbed her things and walked out the school with her mother. They had to wait for the bus and it came in less than 10 minutes.

"Go put our tickets in." Layla said sweetly while closing her walker. Lucy did as she was told then sat back down. And guess who was on the bus too? Rebecca.

"Oh hey!"

"Hey Lucy."

"Its surprising seeing you again. You must live not that far.. right?"

"Nah. I live close to some highschool on strawberry avenue."

"I live on strawberry avenue too! Just way far since it's a big avenue!"

Layla noticed her daughter talking to someone and smiled to herself. The girls continued to talk before the bus came to downtown magnolia where Layla and Lucy had to get off.

"This is our stop Lu, let's go. Your father's friend is gonna pick us up." Layla said as she was getting off the bus with her walker. Lucy yelled, "Okay!" Before looking back at Rebecca. "It was nice seeing you! Can't wait to see you on the first day!" Rebecca smiled. She was surprised someone was eager to see her. "You too Lucy!"

As soon as Lucy got off the bus, she waved goodbye to Rebecca as the bus drove off.

Hope you guys liked this chapter !
Kit-kat out !