Chapter 84: One, Two, Three

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I know what you meant," he stopped her. "I just think if you would've gone you would've made me nervous."

Marley's eyes widened just slightly enough for it to be noticeable as she said, "Oh."

John looked over at her and said, "If everyone had gone, I mean... Just, uh, I don't like crowds when it comes to athletics."

"Oh," Marley repeated, turning to face the front as the others walked in and Sugar closed the door. 

"Hello everyone," she greeted them. "Yesterday we saw an adorable performance from Joe to Bree and now it's my turn. So today, I'd like to thank Rory for being such a great person to me all year-- even if he did lie about his questionable whereabouts for months. So, umm, Rory... You're totes cute and nice and funny and when you talk funny it makes me smile. In honor of you, I'd like us to sing a song of the same title as the song you first sang to me on Valentine's Week of your freshman year... 'Home'..."

Rory smiled as he stood up and joined Sugar in the front, with the band beginning to play Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros' song. 

Sugar: Alabama, Arkansas, I do love my Ma and Pa. Not the way that I do love you.
Rory: Well, holy moly, me, oh my. You're the apple of my eye. Girl, I've never loved one like you.
Sugar: Man, oh, man, you're my best friend. I scream it to the nothingness. There ain't nothing that I need.
Rory: Well, hot and heavy pumpkin pie. Chocolate candy, Jesus Christ. Ain't nothing please me more than you.

They turned to each other and grabbed each others hands as they sang and smiled.

Both: Home, let me come home. Home is wherever I'm with you. Home, let me come home. Home is wherever I'm with you... La la la la... Take me home.
Rory: Mama, I'm coming home...

The rest of New Directions whistled with the rhythm as the couple danced around the room, both feeling happy to finally get a chance to have a spotlight moment together.

Rory: I'll follow you into the park, through the jungle, through the dark. Girl, I've never loved one like you...
Sugar: Moats and boats, and waterfalls. Alleyways, and payphone calls. I been everywhere with you.
Rory: That's true! Laugh until we think we'll die. Barefoot on a summer night. Never could be sweeter than with you.
Sugar: And in the streets you run afree, like it's only you and me.
Both: Geez, you're something to see...

As they sang the rest of the song, the New Directions supported their every move. Of all the couples in glee club, Sugar and Rory had gone through the smoothest ride this year. They'd managed to stay out of drama, away from love triangles, and strayed from the influence of any outside opposers-- not that they had any. For this, they were respected in glee club.

That is why when the song ended, Sugar said, "We got robbed of that Best Couple award earlier."

Everyone laughed, including the actual winners, Julie and Ryder, as they returned to their seats.

"That was wonderful," Will said. "And I'd actually like to present a few awards of my own. I was so inspired by what you all set up for the underclassmen that I decided to do something for you. So far, I've gotten to two out of three awards." He reached for a box under his desk, which contained trophies.

"Oooh..." Sugar said, automatically dazzled. "Shiny..."

"This first one," Will said, "will be presented by none other than Bree... Come on up."

Bree rushed up to the front with a smile on her face as she took the trophy. "He was a fearless leader," she began. "From captain of glee club, to commander of God Squad, to student body president... He surely knew how to take head. I mean, lead." She blushed, for once not meaning to make a dirty joke. Joe slapped his forehead in embarrassment as his friends teased.