Chapter 56: Fed Up

The next day didn't get any better. In fact, Julie woke up feeling extremely frustrated with most of the people she knew just because she felt that they were to blame for something. Luckily, her hostility didn't extend to Marley, who greeted her in the morning with a big breakfast.

"I'm not really hungry..." Julie mumbled.

"Oh come on," Marley insisted. "You're going to need the energy if you expect to survive another day of Coach Sylvester's drills and glee club."

"I think I should just skip it," she responded. 

"Glee club?" Marley asked, frowning. "Why? We're not the same without you there."

"Please..." Julie said coldly. "I know half of them can't stand me right now. They all think I'm getting special treatment."

"You know about that?" Marley asked nervously.

Julie nodded. "They don't do a very good job at hiding it," she said. "Sugar, Harmony, Alex, Shana, Unique, Rory... Even Dan and Joe seemed pretty displeased with me yesterday."

"Then go in there and show them they have no reason to be," Marley insisted, smiling brightly. "Come on, go in there and show them what's going on inside of you. They don't have to know the details to understand how you feel."

"You know what..." said Julie slowly as she thought about this. "That's not a bad idea at all..."

***

As Joe walked down the hall, his face buried in a book, he almost didn't see Bree stepping in front of him and blocking his way. He looked up, surprised, and barely stopped in time to not knock her down.

"I'm going to make this quick because I have to meet with Coach Sylvester," she began. "So listen up... I don't know why you've been acting so weird lately and honestly I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the fact that everyone thinks it has something to do with me."

"But it does..." he mumbled.

"Shush!" she hissed, looking around. "No one can know about Spring Break, got it? So you better get it together and forget that anything  ever happened."

***

"So I was thinking," said Shana with a smile as she approached Alex in the hallway. "Since Harmony has us all planning that—"

"She doesn't have us doing anything," he told her. "I do what I want to do, alright?"

"I heard you do what your dad doesn't want you to do," she shrugged.

He glared down at her. "I knew I should've kept that to myself," he sighed. "Who told you? Amity?"

"Harmony," Shana said. "Everyone in glee club kind of knows. She was just trying to help."

"The hell she was," he responded, slamming his locker shut and walking away. 

"Wait!" Shana called out. "You didn't hear my idea!" She sighed as he ignored her and kept going, so she shrugged and turned, ready to find Sugar and tell her instead.

***

"I'll walk you to class," John told Julie after catching up with her and Marley.

Julie shook her head. "I'm excused so that I can go meet with Coach Sylvester," she said, annoyed. "I really have no clue what it's about. Probably something pointless."

"Maybe she's kicking you out," John joked. He didn't get the response he was hoping for from Julie, who just shrugged.

"Walk Marley," she said, unmoved. "I'll see you guys later." She walked away and the two watched after her.