Chapter 1:2 Blood moon and Escape plan

Sometimes what you're looking for comes when you're not looking at all.

~anonymous

"I didn't know, you can be a bit dramatic if you truly want foxy."

A beautiful lady dressed in the same red robe with chestnut straight hair that was almost gold under the moonlight sweetly smiled above Awen, yet behind those familiar smiles. Awen can distinguish the gleam of cleverness in her charcoal eyes.

Just like the day when Awen saw her on the streets dressed in rags with a friendly look on her face until she unceremoniously stole her freshly baked bread that she had stolen first.

"Anastasia!"

Awen's face met the ground once again. Consequently, dirt entered her mouth that immediately she spat out, while Anatasia was enjoying her time torturing Awen.

And yes. Like Awen Lockhart. Anastasia Rohan was a beggar, an orphan with no name, and another stranger she often met in some odd circumstances. Grew up in the streets with no future, and nearly got sold as a slave for a noble house in Phoenicious until she met Awen at the borders of Spartus where the bread incident had occurred, and from that day onwards, they mysteriously become complicated sweet friends.

"Looks like the white fox is sneaking while everyone is busy... tsk, tsk, what a troublemaker. If you haven't known yet foxy lady. There are several punishments for runaway priestesses especially if they are caught... on the act."

For unknown incredible force, Awen miraculously had lifted herself from being buried while Anastasia was wide-eyed staring at her, hands raised up neither for defense nor surrender.

"YOU! Are you trying to kill me?!" Awen threw the dirt from her face at Anastasia Anastasia surprisingly dodged, as if she already expected the reaction.

"Oh, what the hell you figured?"

Awen gritted her teeth in anger and tossed more dirt at Anastasia. She was frustrated because of all the people who might interfere, why it has to be Anastasia that can't be persuaded with a lie? Because of one of Anastasia's underrated special talents, she can smell a liar from miles away.

Awen's rage halted when she unconsciously touched something on her head. A headdress in leaves carving. A laurel.

"What a lovely souvenir, isn't it? You deserved to have the laurel for a servant while I got a bracelet for the master." Anastasia pulled her sleeves to show the shiny-gold leaves bracelet proudly dangling on her slender arm.

"It has markings from a long-lost ancient language that can hardly understand, but I can read it because I'm awesome. 'Servant and Master, souls bound together. Until death interferes, I am yours forever.'"

"Shoot, it was stuck?!" Frustration was evident in the smaller girl not only because of the laurel that was now tangled in her hair but also with the heavy baggy that limits her movements.

"Blame it on your curls, it absorbs anything. Wait are you even listening?"

"Oh, Darn why it was stuck?! This was all your fault, you thief!"

Anastasia faked a sob, acted as if she was hurt, and pointed the baggy bag at Awen's back. "We're on the same kind, my deary."

Awen ignored the comment. "Don't you know this gem is an important heirloom for the shrine! I'll be beheaded because of this! Take it off now!" The fuming girl step forward but stopped because of the heaviness of the baggy.

"Calm down foxy. For your information, I didn't steal it. I borrow it." 

Awen snickered a sarcastic laugh and repeated the words. Borrow it. Before she tends to her hair again.

The chestnut beauty who got offended put her hands on her hips and raised a brow. "Okay, yes I borrowed it, without permission. But I'm not the only person who'd borrow an expensive heirloom without permission. I just did the same thing to someone I know yesterday."

"I'm pretty sure. I'm not that person."

Anastasia rolled her eyes at the smaller lady and lean on the tree beside her "Of course, you're not. You only kept utensils and garbage in that baggy bag. Ugh! If you knew how much time I wasted, sorting out and organizing things for our journey. Oh my, you don't need to thank me by the way, deary."

Awen paused from tugging the heirloom on her hair. Her eyes slide back at the smiling lady who pulled a roll of old paper from her sleeves and opened it with a slight shake and gave the smaller lady a quick cheeky wicked.

"What... Did. You. Say?"

"The most valuable thing I saw inside that trash, was this old expensive map. I didn't know you have the guts to finally rummaged inside the granny's chamber. I bet, we could earn a fortune if we sell it considering it was a rare thing to have a detailed map of the whole land of Uria. You have my respect foxy." Anatasia even gives her a theatrical bow after her statement.

"I said... What did you say!"

Anastasia quickly glanced at her oblivious. "You have my respect."

"No! You said earlier, you sort out things inside my bags for OUR journey?! What's that supposed to mean!" 

The baggy bag on Awen's back fell instantly when Awen realized that not all things inside her bag were... hers.

"Aah... You don't need to get all excited because I am going to escape with you‐‐"

"Escape?"

Awen and Anastasia were surprised at the person who spoke, and found a slightly familiar lady with the same robe as them, holding something like a stick closer to her chest. 

The two startled ladies secretly gulped recognizing the person in front of them. 

"Cassey." They both uttered in unison.

As if on cue several priestesses emerged from everywhere cornering the two priestesses.

"I told you before I never go wrong, they both gonna run away tonight," Cassey said with a sickening smile plastered on her small beautiful face.