Acknowledgments & About the Author

Acknowledgments: The first chapter of Weeping with an Ancient God was published in The Final Draft under the title "Melvill in the Marquesas." I would like to thank the following: photographer Corrie Scott for her generosity in allowing me to use her work for the book cover (visit at corriescott.net); Fred Lipp for sharing his expertise in antique firearms; John McCarthy for his support of me and Twleve Winters Press; and Pamm Collebrusco for her always reliable editing and proofreading, and also for her support of me and Twleve Winters Press. Furthermore, I thank my sons--Zachary, Ethan and Spenser--for their help, including their help in keeping me humble. Finally, I thank my partner in all things, my wife Melissa, for her unflagging encouragement and optimism. 

About the Author: Ted Morrissey is the author of the novels Men of Winter and An Unitmely Frost, the novelette Figures in Blue, and stories and essays in more than thirty journals, among them Glimmer TrainPANKWriters Ask and the North American Review. A Ph.D. in English studies, he has also published The Beowulf Poet and His Real Monsters, recipient of the D. Simon Evans Prize for distinguished scholarship. He is an adjunct lecturer in English at the University of Illinois Springfield, and he is on the masthead of Quiddity literary journal as a fiction reader. He lives with his wife Melisa near Springfield. Together they have five adult children and a rescued silky terrier named Einstein. Visit at tedmorrissey.com and follow @t_morrissey. Also visit Twelve Winters Press at twelvewinters.com and follow @twelvewinters.