5.

It was brought to my attention the next morning that Riverdale could have a peaceful day after all.

I woke up relatively early at around 8 AM despite getting back to the trailer late. My grandmother had left a note on the table next to some breakfast.

Off to a doctor's appointment. Be back at 9.

I tossed the note out and popped the plate into the small microwave nestled in the corner of the kitchen counter.

Everything seemed still and quiet except for the hum of the microwave. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as my eyes roamed the room looking for Maverick.

"Maverick!" I called out but silence followed. She must've taken him with her.

The beeping of the microwave brought me back to reality and I took out the warm plate, placing it on the table and quickly grabbing a glass from the cupboards and filling it up with orange juice.

I ate peacefully in silence while going through my phone. I hadn't known the Serpents or the Northsiders for long but I found myself bored and wanting to hang out again today.

After finishing up my breakfast, I quickly washed the plate and right on cue I heard the engine of a truck outside and barking. I popped my head out the door to see my grandmother and Maverick were finally home.

My grandma's tiny figure cautiously hopped down from her old pick up truck and she went over to the other side, opening Maverick's door and letting him out. Maverick bolted out of the truck and up the front steps.

I opened the door wider for him and he leapt onto me. I squealed and let him be as he knocked me to the ground and panted in my face. I laughed and ruffled his fur before getting back up.

"How was your appointment, Nan?"

She now held a bag in her hand and I could make out the words "Riverdale" and "Pharmacy" printed out on it.

She shrugged, "These damn doctors have a degree for what? I have heart problems for God's sake I ain't decaying!"

She huffed and held onto the railing tight with one hand while she clutched her purse and the pharmacy bag in the other as she climbed up the rickety steps. She plopped down on her rocking chair and I closed the door behind me. I took a seat on the porch steps to accompany her.

"Anyway, enough about me. What are you up to today?" She asked.

Before I could respond, movement from Sweet Pea's trailer caught my eye. I looked over to see a girl emerging from his trailer. I recognized her as the girl he left with last night. Jessica Mittens.

Her hair was all sorts of messed up and she walked out with her leather jacket draped over her shoulders, not completely on. She swayed as she walked down the steps and Sweet Pea made no effort to help her. She had a satisfied smirk on her face.

He locked up his trailer and followed her down the steps. "Jessica, just leave." He sounded fed up.

It was pretty hard not to look at the scene in front of us since it was basically right in front of the trailer. I heard a disapproving grunt from my grandmother behind me. "That boy..." she muttered.

Sweet Pea uncovered his motorcycle from the blue tarp and let out a loud sigh as she tried to kiss him. "I'm late for work, I don't have time for this. Leave."