Chapter 23: Half of My Heart

//Justin//

"AH C'MON." Ryan Good, my stylist and friend yelled as I looked down at my phone. My abs hurt from laughing so much. I looked down at my phone again to see a text from Dae.

*I'll just walk there. See you later!*

"Fine! You guys can come over. Your lucky, I actually went to the store." I chuckled, looking back up.

We were in the van headed for my house. Ben, the chauffeur, was up in front driving, with Scooter next to him in the passenger seat while Ryan was next to me, Selena on my other side. Her giggling filled the car as she witnessed Ryan's crazy side.

"Oh my gosh! " She said through laughs. She looked at me, a bright smile on her face as her eyes bored into mine. I looked away, feeling a bit weird, but I turned back to look at her. Her smile had disappeared as she turned her attention to the window, watching as building after building flew by.

****

We pulled into my driveway, and everyone was getting out of  the van. Even Ben, the driver.

I'd remembered to actually go grocery shopping this time. So I thought having them for dinner would be great. We walked through the door after I unlocked it and everyone went straight for the kitchen. 

I grabbed everything from the fridge and ended up cooking up some tacos. Sounds boring, I know, but everyone enjoyed them. They were actually surprised I could even make food. It was all easy stuff though, so I don't think they should have been as surprised as they were.

Everyone, Ben, Scooter, and Ryan all stayed in the kitchen. I assumed Selena was too, until I made it to the living room couch and sat down, to find that she was behind me the whole time. She sat next to me and I didn't mind at first. I guess you could say we were cool already, after the break up a while back. At least I thought we were until right this moment.

She was the one who broke up with me. She said I didn't pay enough attention to her, that I made too big of a deal of my job. But that's just it!

It's my job. And she just didn't understand that. She has a similar life and I can't see why she broke it off because of that.

But I was glad she did.

Because a short time after that, I became closer to Dae, who at the time was my best friend. And now she was my girlfriend.

I smiled thinking about how Dae finally said yes to being my girlfriend that night. I waited for a while, but it was all worth it.

The room had an awkward silence, aside from the laughter coming from the kitchen.

Selena turned to me, a soft smile played on her lips. "What are you thinking about."

"Nothing." I said, shifting in my seat. I felt the couch slightly move as Selena scooted closer, her leg just an inch from touching mine.

"You can talk to me you know? We're friends..." She advised me. Her eyes bored into mine, doing that thing she used to do to get me to fall for her. It never worked anymore. And I was glad. I shrugged it off, though as I looked back at her.

"I was just thinking about the night when Dae said she'd be my girlfriend." A grin grew upon my lips as the sentence rolled right off of my tongue.

"We never hung out the way you guys do." She frowned, as her eyes landed on her hands in her lap. She twiddled her fingers as she waited for my reply.

"You were the one who always changed the plans, standing me up all of the time. You never once gave me some time to be with you... And you are telling me this why? You are the one who broke it off!" I shouted. I got up from the couch, throwing my hands up in frustration. She got up right after to stand facing me.