"What was yours?" she asked quietly.

I couldn't exactly tell her the truth - "Umm...someone killing my father" I said finally.

She nodded. She didn't need to know that my father was already dead. Or that Eric's dad was the murderer.

It wasn't long until the others returned and I was grateful for the extra conversation. It was seriously hard to talk to someone when the majority of the conversation they give you yes or no answers and nothing else.

The pit began to buzz as people arrived at the bars, ready for an evening drink. I didn't really fancy being here as more and more people came down. I made my excuses and left the group, walking back towards the dorm.

I heard a voice ahead and realised I hadn't seen Four since before I went to check on Eric. As I came round the corner he was speaking with one of the Dauntless born initiates. I couldn't hear their conversation but he seemed happy about something.

As I got closer he noticed me and stood up.

"Ok well...good job today. Your parents would be really proud" he said to the girl before she smiled and ran off down the corridor.

He smiled to me. "Hey sweet cheeks." I smiled slightly. "New tat?" He noticed the covering on my arm.

"Yeah - decided I fancied one and the others were going for one so, ya know." I peeled back the covering.

"Those who wander are not always lost" He read the quote out loud and smirked. "how true!"

I nodded.

"Aren't you going to the pit?" He asked.

"No - just come from there. Don't much fancy it tonight. How about you?" I asked, keeping my voice down. People still couldn't know about us.

He shrugged. "No plans...fancy coming back to mine?"

I smiled. I could really do with the comfort of him right now.

We walked back through the corridors and back to Four's place. He opened his door and followed me inside. He slung his jacket over the back of a chair and fell into the sofa, holding his arms out for me to join.

I smiled and went over to him and he pulled me into his lap. He kissed me gently at first but gradually becoming deeper. I pulled back for a breath and he pouted.

"Woah there...I need to breathe!" I laughed.

It was so nice to be able to just be myself with Four. He was so calming that even with everything going on in my mind - I was happy here with him.

"I can't wait to be able to tell everyone about us" He mumbled, nuzzling my neck and I giggled.

"Stop trying to subtly tickle me"

"Oh well I will do it obviously then!" He said, reaching for my hips which made me jolt and I squealed.

He laughed and pinned me down on the sofa before crashing his lips to mine again, trailing small kisses down my neck. I smiled and closed my eyes as he picked me up bridal style, going through to the bedroom......

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I traced a pattern on Four's tanned chest with my forefinger and smiled up as he looked at me, his brown eyes warm.

"I love you..." he mumbled.

WHAT?!

"Wha?...you love me??" I asked, my head shooting up from off the pillows.

He laughed "Yeah! I feel like we have a real connection...like we just get eachother!"

"Is that what love is?" I asked, a small smile creeping onto my face.