Chapter 11

I walked back through the maze of hallways towards the pit when I ran into Lu.

"Hey you - been doing some extra curricular activities?" she winked.

"Rude...no I haven't." I smiled. I can't let on to anyone else what was going on until Eric had sorted out what he wanted to do. "How was your fear today?" I joined her in walking towards the pit.

She shrugged..."Not great. But then again these things aren't made to be pleasant are they?" I shook my head, agreeing with her silently. "Did you hear about Dale?"

I raised my brow - "No..."

She smirked "Apparently he freaked out so badly in his landscape Eric had to pull the plug and get him out after like 25 minutes!"

I smiled - it wasn't nice to laugh at someone else's misfortune but Dale was a jerk and kind of deserved it. We arrived in the pit and spotted Elias, Oli and Rhi over in the coffee bar. We went over to join them.

"Hey you" Elias looked up at Lu and she smiled, sitting beside him

"Sooo are you guys like...official or what?" Oli smirked and Lu threw him a look.

"Sure why not!" Elias beamed at Lu and she hugged him.

"Awww...young love!" I laughed. "How was today then?" I threw the question out to the boys and Rhi. 

Oli shrugged "Meh...as to be expected I guess! HEY! I want another tattoo - who fancies it?"

My back had healed nicely and I fancied getting something down my arm so I nodded enthusiastically. The others nodded except Rhi.

"I don't want one myself but I'll come with!" She said.

We all made our way over to the shop and began looking round the designs...I fancied a quote so looked over at the wall where all different fonts were laid out as examples.

I had heard a quote a long time ago from my grandmother in Amity that had always stuck in my head and I knew that was what I wanted.

"Those who wander are not always lost"

I picked out a font and went over to Tori who nodded and began setting up. Rhi came over to watch but wimped out a bit when she began to see the needle moving up and down into my skin. I had the quote written down my forearm and loved it from the first word.

It had such a deep meaning and applied to so many different situations in life.

When I was done she wrapped it up for me and I went over to see what the others had decided on.

Lu was getting stars across her stomach, Oli was getting some more added to his sleeve of tribal artwork and Elias had settled for an old fashioned swallow bird.

I waited for a while then decided to go back to the coffee store with Rhi rather than just standing around.

We walked back over and took a seat on some black sofas that were in the corner of the bar.

"Want anything?" I asked Rhi, getting up again.

She shook her head so I just ordered myself something and sat back down, holding the warm mug between both my hands and bringing my feet up onto the sofa. There was a chill in Dauntless today and the warm liquid felt comforting.

"So how was your fear today?" I asked her quietly. We hadn't spoken much and I knew she was notorious for being quiet anyway so this was kind of awkward.

She shrugged...."Not nice. I got pushed from a bridge!"

"Not cool. I really hate these things!" I agreed.