Introduction

So this is my first attempt at a FanFic and it's Eric/OC but no Four/Tris I'm afraid. I have plans so bear with me. :)

Ok....please feel free to suggest or comment or say hi! - starting now :)

 ---------------------------

"I wasn't ever cut out for this - you know that..." I muttered.

"I know that, but I just never thought I would be going through this again." My mother sighed, tears threatening to fall from her bright blue eyes.

I had been having this argument with her for a few weeks now...ever since I took my aptitude test.

"You belong here in Amity...with me" she said.

"I haven't belonged in Amity since I was two years old and set fire to my tutors pony tail mom..." I sighed.

I have never fitted in here - and my test results just proved that. Everyone was about peace and love here and I didn't get that. I was far too hot headed for Amity - my brother always used to laugh at me and my temper tantrums. I hugged my mother's shoulders and she let out yet another prolonged sigh.

"You knew I wouldn't get an Amity result mom..."

*Yes, but I expected Erudite or Abgnegation...not Dauntless* she choked out the last word like it physicaly hurt. I knew that they probably did hurt her. My family were always terrified of Dauntless. I was never told why.

All I knew was it was to do with something that happened when I was very young. Too young to remember. My older brother once let slip to me that it had something to do with our father but he instantly regretted saying that and became very angry when I tried to press the matter any more. So I never asked. I never knew my father. He died when I was still a toddler but everyone in Amity seemed to know him. He was very popular from what I was told.

Whatever had happened - it was something that no one had ever spoken about - but my mother obviously was finding my choice of faction difficult to deal with.

I didn't know what else to say to her. It was time to leave for the choosing ceremony.

We arrived at the ceremony with a few minutes to spare and joined the other Amity groups in the auditorium. There was a low rumble of chatter coming from all the factions as the ceremony began and the Abgnegation leader, Marcus Eaton, took to the stage to begin the usual speech about the war and how the factions came about.

After this - one by one names were called forwards and people began choosing their factions.

Most of Amity stayed with Amity and when my name was called my mother grabbed my hand. I stood quickly and hugged her,

"Remember I love you" She said into my ear.

"I love you too..." I reminded her as I pulled away and made my way down the steps.

I quickly grabbed the knife and cut into my palm, immediately holding my hand over the silver bowl with burning coals in it. As my blood dropped and hissed onto the hot coals a cheer erupted from the left of me. I smiled slightly, nodded to my mother and went to join my new faction.

I was now Dauntless.

------------------------------------

Sorry I know it is really short - I just wanted to get it out there and see if anyone liked it. I have plenty more ideas so will be writing as much as I can as soon as I can :)