Chapter 30

3rd Person POV:

Two days after Aunt Maria's visit, Taehyung and Jungkook commenced their first quarrel. It had started out with a simple inquiry by Yoongi; he had asked if Taehyung and Jungkook wanted to go with him and Jimin to the city to explore college options.

Taehyung and Jungkook both had answered at the same time, one said yes while the other said no.

"What do you mean no?"

"What does no mean, Kook? Its means no."

"Taehyung...is this about me paying for your college then get over it?"

"I will not let you pay for me."

"Why the fuck not?!"

"We've been over this, Kook." Taehyung had growled at his mate.

"Don't fucking growl at me, Tae. I'm your mate and I will pay for you if I want to." Jungkook had glared at Taehyung.

A yelling match had ensued which ultimately ended when Taehyung stormed off to their room, fuming over Jungkook's pig-headed behavior. Jungkook had gone for a run too, to clear his mind of the frustration and anger growing inside.

From the others' point of view, it was interesting to watch each of them sit far away from the other and eat in silence, their faces set in a frown but Jin did not allow the situation to continue. He had already suffered through a tense breakfast. He knew Taehyung was being stupid and Jungkook was an idiot who did not understand how to handle the matter.

During lunch, when he noticed that everyone was done, he set his bowl down with a loud clang and cleared his throat loudly making the conversation come to an end. Everyone looked up at him.

"Taehyung. Jungkook." Jin began in a stern voice, "I need you two to stop acting like children. You're adults. Learn how to solve your problems. You cannot sit with pouts on your face waiting for the problem to get solved on its own."

Jungkook looked away to the side as Taehyung dropped his head.

"Tae...Look up at me." Jin continued in a softer voice, satisfied when Taehyung looked up, he continued, "I don't have a job, I have no income source and I have no money of my own, except for whatever Joon invested under my name. He made the investments with his money, not mine."

"Darling, whatever is mine, you have a right over it first. It's all yours." Namjoon spoke up pressing a soft kiss to Jin's cheek.

Jin smiled at his mate, "Exactly what I'm trying to tell him, Joonie. Mates don't share just their rooms, bodies, thoughts...they share everything. Once you find your mate, you're considered one entity. Would you differ between yourself and Jungkook? If Jungkook needed something that you had, what would you do?"

Jin waited for him to answer.

"I uh...I would give it to him." He cleared his throat when he saw Jungkook glance at him.

"So, what is wrong with him paying your college tuition when he can? Should I stop wearing my clothes, driving my car just because Joon paid for them? My degree too. Should I burn away my college degree because Joon paid the larger amount of my fee after we left our parents' home?"

There was complete silence for a few seconds until Taehyung shook his head. Jin sighed in relief before turning to Jungkook.

"You brat! You could have attempted to talk to your mate calmly and understand him before you started yelling at him and issuing ultimatums! That is not how it is done!"