Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Clarissa's POV

I woke up the next morning and did the usual getting dressed, eating breakfast, brushing teeth and such. When I stepped out the front door Ezreal wasn't waiting for me. I looked around and waited a few minutes before concluding that he wasn't here today so I walked to school alone.

"Hey Clari!" Ariana said. She noticed that I was by myself. "Oh where's Ezreal?"

"I don't know..." I said. I looked behind me. Maybe he could be there running towards me because his alarm went off late, but that wasn't the case.

Soon after all my friends came to school. Ezreal and Lux weren't in class. For the whole day my mind was somewhere else.

After school I was walking with Jessamine back home. "Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good." I said.

"Has this got to do with Ezreal?"

"No! Why would you think that?"

"I don't know."

We were quiet for the rest of the walk and then parted ways.

I sat on a curb and rested my head in my hands. I checked the time. 3:42 PM. I still have a bit of time to do whatever I want I guess... I sat up from the curb and walked to Ezreal's house. It wasn't too long before I reached the front door. His car wasn't parked in the driveway, but I still had hope that he was inside. I knocked on the door. 

"Ezreal! It's me Clarissa! Are you in there?" I shouted. I put my ear to the door, but I heard nothing. I sat on the front step and rested my head in my hands again. I noticed that the mail in his mailbox had piled up. Hmm I guess he hasn't been home... He gave me the spare keys to his house before so I decided to check inside. Everything was left exactly how it looked when I last came here. Newspaper on the table, homework on the desk, coffee (now cold) in his mug, everything looked normal, but it wasn't. I lied down on his bed and curled up. I wanted to cry, where was he? 

I was beginning to believe Lux's words. STUPID EZREAL! I kicked the wall in frustration, only to regret my decision seconds later. Being the stupid girl I was I rang Ezreal's phone again. I assumed he wouldn't pick up again so with sniffles and tears in my eyes I said, "Ezreal you're so stupid why would you leave all of a sudden! I want to hate-" 

"Huh?" A voice said on the receiving end. It wasn't a woman's voice. 

I sniffed. "Ezreal?" 

"Yeah it's me. What were you saying about hate?" He said joking like nothing had ever happened. He wasn't joking because he didn't care, he was trying to make me feel better. 

"Never mind about that, Ezreal I miss you so much."

"I miss you so much too Rissa. I'm so sorry for not saying anything, I'll try explain everything right now quickly while Lux is out. So in order for Lux to help you I had to do something in return for her and that was to cut off all ties with you. I didn't want to but your condition was getting worse so I had no choice."

---

Thanks for your support for this fic over the years! I'm sorry I could never finish it, but I always had the ending in mind that despite all the struggles and differences, our main characters would be able to be together happily! ❤︎