📍Scotiabank Arena, Toronto
joellane Thank you Leafs nation for the great season, I am lucky to call Toronto my home and I am very lucky to have played for a team that's been my childhood dream for years. Thank you.
tagged mapleleafs

samanthalane I'm a proud big sister right now.
cassidylane congrats joey on your first nhl season!
luciefisher I still love you
alexanderfisher congrats man, we'll get'em next year!
kalanileblanc always a pleasure being a fan.
unknown77 you guys did so well! See you next year!
unknown38 leafs nation was proud to have you!!
liamken always the best line mate to have on and off ice.
chloefisher I am so proud🤙🏽

"Well think of it this way, you don't have to wake up for early practices"I chuckle with a small eye roll as chloe slides into bed and immediately curls up to my side.

"I suppose so" I sigh

"You guys played well alright, fucking well throughout the whole season. I don't see what your worried about"I shrug.

"I just wish I could've done more"

"What's done is done, I don't love you any less"

"Gee thanks"she chuckles and kisses my cheek. Her fingers play with my sliver chain around my neck that was hanging on my bare chest. "The bright side of loosing I guess is I get to spend more time with you in bed"I smirk and she scoffs.

"I really am proud" she tells me.

"Thank you"

"Who would've thought on your first ever nhl game you'd stumble upon a stranger who'd take your mind off things and now almost 8 months later your talking to the same stranger but she just so happens to be your girlfriend"I chuckle and kiss the side of her head.

"Crazy how life is eh?" She nods.

She was right, I never in a million dreams would've thought I'd be laying here with a girl like chloe who was beautiful and caring and most of all supportive. I never thought to have stumbled into that coffee shop, which gave out mediocre coffee and found a beautiful girl just as distressed as me. I was lucky to have stumbled in there because I don't know where I'd be 8 months later.

"I love you"I mumble against her head.

"I love you too" she says and I could see the smile on her face.

I'm so whipped.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Joel why the hell did you call everyone so early?" Liam rubs his eyes. I had called everyone who had been close with Chloe and I over to the apartment after chloe left for work.

"Stop pacing!"Cassidy groans and leans on Mitch's shoulder.

"Okay I don't know how to say this but I-I"

"You what asshole, hurry up"Kalani sighs.

"I was thinking last night" everyone groans as I stop and run a hand by my hair.

Suddenly Lucie squeals with Steph, we all look at them. I raise an eyebrow "you owe me 20 bucks!" Lucie yells to steph.

"What no! That was not the deal!"