Waking Up

An excruciating pain swept over her body; blindingly she opened her eyes but quickly closed them to the bright light. Slowly, she tried to feel for her limbs. It was a memory of trying to move her body that made her restless to not move faster.

  Get up damnit. She could feel her hand on her forehead, feel the sore of her muscles unclench and relax. The touch of her hand burst open a glimse of a memory.

  Rubble and stone trapped her in a prison with no way out.

  "Kisara......Kisara!" The voice screamed for her but she could not yell to the voice.

  She gasped and forced her eyes open. What.......the....hell.

  It was beautiful........yet horrific. Burnt, charred trees stood defiant against the purple-blue sky. Dirt cushioned under her in patches of black dirt and brown grass. No sun lead the sky, but everything illuminated with a transparent glow that was there then.........gone.

  How did she get here? She crawled to her knees and slowly stood up with the guiding help of a tree.

   One step, then another, and another, until she could walk in a full circle without dragging her feet or stumbling. She looked around.

   Where do I go?

   The place where she stood now was a clearing. Bare with no trees or grass, just dirt. Her eyes followed the periphery of the circle until a slight visible path of dirt went disappeared into the treeline to the right.

   Setting her own pace, she walked the path and stopped at the beginning of the treeline. Nothing but darkness and the illiminated glows awaited her along the path.

   She took a breath........and walked.

                                    ¥

   No sounds but silence accompanied her along the walk that felt hours had gone by. Silence is not golden. Thinking of those words, she crept onwards to where it was that was at the end of the path.

   Looking around, she noticed no flowers grew, no leaves, birds, or even the wind announced themselves that they existed.

   Everything was bleak and brightly dull until she rested her eyes on the only bright light that gave her hope at the end of the path.

  Hello, this is the first book I have published.

  Greatly appreciate comments, opinions, or ideas.

  Criticism is approved and needed to make this a better book.

  Hope you had fun reading this.

Expect updates Friday, Saturday, or Sunday so have fun and enjoy!