Protective Henry

It's been a while since your last night out with the girls and after a long and stressful week of work, you're ready to let your hair down and enjoy yourself.

Only it would be safe to say that you may have enjoyed yourself a bit too much.

You've lost your group of friends amongst the jam-packed crowd currently on the dance floor of the small, smoke filled club. The 5 shots that you had 20 minutes ago seemed like a good idea at the time, not so much now that the room is spinning. You're lost and have no way of finding your friends.

You debate going back to the bathroom. Maybe they'll notice that you're missing, and someone will come to find you. But then you remember the state the other girls had been in when you'd stumbled off. They weren't much better than you are now, so a search and rescue mission seems pretty unlikely to happen anytime soon.

As you try to stretch you're head up to see over the crowd, you know it's useless. Being only 5 foot 1 and wearing flats, there's no way you'll be able to see anyone.

You mentally kick yourself for not taking your bag with you when you left your friends. Why did you think it was a good idea? 5 shots of tequila, that's why.

Pushing yourself further into the crowd, you try to remember if there was anything near where your group had been. Nothing comes to mind, so you make your way in the direction of the toilet.

It's at times like this that you wish you were as tall as Henry, your boyfriend.

Part of you had been reluctant to come out tonight. He was only just home from being away on set for the past 2 months, but he'd insisted you came tonight.

"Go and have fun. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." He had said as he kissed your forehead, chuckling. "I'll help you nurse the hangover I'm sure you'll have tomorrow morning."

You miss him and the alcohol coursing through your system makes you miss him even more. All you want to do is get home and snuggle up beside Henry in bed.

As soon as you find your friends, you're calling a taxi to go home.

Just as you get to the toilet, you hear a familiar voice shout your name over the blaring club music. When you see who shouted you, you stop dead in your tracks. He's pushing his way through the crowd, his expression almost pure anger. The people in his way are only making it worse.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Henry shouts into you're ear as he takes hold of your hand and starts pushing his way back through the crowd.

Still shocked to see him here, you answer his question with one of your own.

"What are you doing here?" He either doesn't hear you or is ignoring you, focusing solely on manoeuvring his way through the sea of people while keeping you as close to him as he possibly can.

You mentally kick yourself again as you realise one of your friends must have called him to ask if he knew where I was. He's supposed to be relaxing at home with Kal, not looking for me in a nightclub at whatever time it is.

Finally, after what seems like forever, you find yourself being pulled up a set of stairs. Once the cold air hits you, you realise that you've both left the club. Remembering that you still hadn't found your friends, you try to stop him.

"Henry, stop. Henry!" You know he can hear you now, there's no more music to drown you out but he still doesn't answer you.

He pulls you further away from the club, you turn around and see if you can see any of your friends but no luck. You're still drunk, even though the night air has sobered you up considerably.

When you turn back to Henry, expecting to meet his back, his big blue eyes are staring down at you.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was? Kelsey called, looking for you and I freaked. Where the hell did you go?!" It's then that you notice the anger has disappeared and been replaced with relief.

Before you can answer, he pulls you into a bear hug and you melt against him.

"Sorry, I thought I could quickly go to the toilet by myself, but I got lost on my way back." I mumble into his chest.

I can feel the tears start to fall from my eyes and dissolve into his jacket. He pushes me away from his chest, his hands still firmly on my shoulders as he gives me a once over. That's when he notices the tears.

"Oh baby I'm sorry, I'm so sorry please don't cry. I was just so worried. All sorts of things were running through my mind." He wipes away at the tears before pulling you into another hug.

"What about Kelsey and the others? They're still inside." I look up at him and he just smiles down at me.

"Don't worry, I phoned them a taxi on my way over. I made sure they got in it before I came to get you. I don't know how but they were so much worse that you were when I found you."

God, how many more drinks did they have while I was missing?

You look up at henry and your heart nearly bursts with love.

He was so worried he came to find you and thank god he did, who knows how you would've got out of there without him.

"Thank you for coming to find me. You're my knight in shining armour." You smile up at him and he gives you a massive grin in return.

"Come on then, princess. Let's get you home."