| two |

hunter's pov

I look behind me, left and right to make sure people that there's no one around before unlocking my door. I quickly open it and walk inside before shutting it behind me.

"hunter?" my brothers deep voice asks. "who else?" I ask sarcastically. "don't start." noah says, his voice laced with annoyance. "don't act like you could boss me around, because where exactly are you right now?" I ask, noah going quiet.

I sigh, shaking my head in disappointment, heading to the stairs before now stops me. "I'm sorry hunter, I shouldn't have got you into this."

"it's better than getting mom and dad into this, or your friends. and we have 4.5k now, we should have 5 by thursday, then it's all over." I say before heading upstairs to my room.

about three years ago, noah lost his fiancé at the time, jessie. she was his everything. they were together since junior year in high school and now my brother is 27 but, at the time he was 25.

she was on her way home from work, when she didn't get home at her usual time noah started to worry. later that night he called me, asking if she contacted me at all. then later he called me crying, telling me to meet him at the hospital and tell her parents, he was so shaken up he couldn't.

while noah, jessie's sister, parents and I were all sitting in her room, she deadlined. the doctor's couldn't save her.

noah dealt with her death horribly, he started with using alcohol a lot to cope with it, then he found drugs. I didn't know this, neither did my parents.

but then one night, my brother came to my house, worried out of his mind. apparently he was sober for a year already, no drugs, nothing, but he still had to pay off his depth. he already had 3k at the time, so me being the caring sister I am, I have him some money, which lead up to 4k.

two weeks ago, dustin, the blonde guy who showed up at the diner earlier, found me, knowing I'm noah's little sister.

dustin is, or was, noah's dealer. he's a very scary guy. he asked where noah was, but I said I don't know. then he threatened me that we better have the money to him soon, like he did in the diner.

honestly it's scary knowing someone could just show up and possibly hurt me, wanting to know where my brother is.

but, hopefully that's all done soon.

———

this was just a filler, sorry for it being so short, t :)