Chapter Four

After getting back onto the truck and travelling towards the old radio communication tower that had been abandoned, we came to a halt. Ken got up and open the back doors.

"Okay, let's go!" He ordered. The plan was to get inside of the radio tower using Franklin's skills and to locate Blue via her specific RFID chip implant. Every Dinosaur on the Island had their own one. This helped to identify what their breed was, their location, etc.

After everyone exited the truck, Franklin opened the main power system to get into the radio tower. While everyone waited I joined my Dad, who was standing looking at the view. I took out my phone, which I probably shouldn't of brought with me, and snapped a shot of the view.

"Hey Dad, one last picture? Just for memories sake?" I asked, my Dad turned around and nodded. I took a quick picture and send it over to his phone. Which was back in our 2nd home. I decided I should take pictures just for documents and study for when I get home.

The sound of the metal doors sliding open grabbed our attention and we both ran towards the tower and made our way inside with the group.

Franklin started up the computer and asked for Claire's hand, she did so and the technology recognised it. Allowing Franklin to be logged into the system. I stood just behind him and watched.

A large map came up on the computer, with dots that were all over the map. The dots were a key for the dinosaurs on the Island.

"There's a large concentration on the east dock." Franklin informed.

Ken came up behind me. "That's our boat... we've already captured a bunch of 'em."

"Without the tracking system?" Zia asked. I really didn't like her, everytime she spoke I got annoyed.

"The big herbivores are easy to find." Ken replied. "Can you isolate that Raptor?"

Franklin looked behind. "I need the species code."

"D-Nine." Claire responded, Franklin began to type in the code and Blue's tracker came up.

"There she is." My dad paused and looked at Ken. "I'm gonna need to borrow your truck."

"I'm coming with you." Zia ordered as if no one had a choice. This made my blood boil. "We dont know what kind of condition she might be in."

"Woah, hunny if anyone is going with him it's me." I glared. "We don't know what kind of condition you might be in at the end of it."

"I agree. Miss, things could get hairy out there." Ken told her, she stopped in her tracks turned around and walked up to Ken.

She grabbed hold of the tranquilizer tucked in his holder and took it out and held it in front of his face.

"These are powerful sedatives. One too many, and she could have respiratory failure. Also, I'm not as soft and witless as your comment implies." She placed it back in his pocket and started to walk off. "Let's go beefcake." She shouted to my father.

I was not having any of it and ran after her. "Zia, slow down mate. Let's make something clear, in this, I'm the Alpha female not you. I can assure you, if Blue had to choose between you or I to eat for dinner. It would be you. So I suggest you get off your high horse and listen to the experts." As I finished she screwed me and got in my face.

"You think I'm threatened by you, ever since I got here I got nothing but hatred from you. Charlene, I don't have a problem with you. I'm just trying to help. That's what I'm here for, that's my job. I'm not here to take your precious Blue away from you." She mocked.

"Babe, you don't patronise me. You touch me, or more importantly you touch my precious Raptor, I'll kill you. Understand?" I spat on the floor next to her shoe, just so she knew that I wasn't messing around. She looked at me with a slight scared look, that she tried to hide. Not very well though.