Chapter One

I carefully walked across the uneven land of grass, 2 beers in both hands. Yes, i'd gone to our local shopping bare footed. Causing me to be careful not to tred on any lost screws hidden in the long grass.

Typical Charlene.

Obviously I didn't walk the whole way to the shop bare footed, I decided to take my Dad's car. He didn't mind though, because he trusted me not to crash it. Although...

I have no idea why.

A few meters away from the Caravan, I watched my Dad standing on a ladder, hammering a screw into the frame of a small house that he was building.

Nearing my Dad, I looked up him. "Yo." I shouted up at him.

Looking down at me he smiled "Hello babygirl."

I passed him a can of beer and he took it with one hand and opened it with his mouth. Gave me a wink and gulped down a few mouthfuls.

He took the can away from his lips and an 'ahh' sound escaped his mouth.

Nothing like a fresh, cold beer on a hot day."

Laughing I replied, "Well, you deserve it, you've been working hard. Dad I need to chat to you abou-." I was interupted by my Dad's phone ringing.

He quickly climbed down from the ladder, shoved his hand into his pocket, pulled out his phone and answered it. He mouthed, "two secs." and walked towards the Caravan.

I sighed and sat down on the grass, opened my can of beer, took a few swigs of my beer and turned on my phone. My lock screen photo came up and it was a picture of me holding all 4 Raptors. I smiled as my eyes welled up with tears.

5 minutes passed and my Dad come out and looked kinda glum but excited.

I looked at him with curiosity. "What's up?"

He sighed. "I'll explain later. Anyway's what was you going to say before you got interupted?"

Changing the subject I suddenly got very excited, without saying a word I got up off the grass, grabbed his wrist and dragged him into the Caravan.

Then I stopped him in the kitchen, before we went into the bedroom. "Stay there." I ordered, confused he nodded. I quickly walked into the bedroom and closed the door, grabbed the hidden picture I'd painted and hung it up on the wall.

I straightened it out and stood back to look at it then smiled. "Okay." I whispered to myself, tucking a small strand of blonde hair behind my ear. I turned to the single bed and saw my Husky puppy, Atlas, curled up asleep on the bed.

Distracted, I smiled and focused on why I was in this room. I quickly returned to the kitchen, closing the door behind me and stood dead straight in front of my Dad.

With a cheeky smile my Dad asked, "What are you up to?"

Signalling him to shush I put my index finger to my lips. "Close your eyes."

He looked me dead in the eye and started laughing, then hesitated. "I don't know what this is but okay."

He closed his eyes and I lightly grabbed his wrist and guided him to the bedroom.

"No peeking." I ordered.

Closing the bedroom door behind us, I stood him right in front of the picture, let go and stood next to him. "Okay, open your eyes."

He opened them slowly and looked at the picture, suddenly his mouth opened wide. "Char... Did you paint this?"

I lightly chuckled at his reaction. "Yeah, I mean it took me a while but do you remember all those times I told you I was going to Melody's house? Well, I wasnt. I was painting this, it took me so long because I wanted it detailed and perfect. It's for you Dad. So what do you think?"