40. Such a Stydia moment

Start from the beginning

*

The next day, Jug got a call from Sweet Pea and Fangs saying that they found Joaquin so my brother and I sped through the woods.

We came to a stop and walked over to the three boys that were on the ground. 

"Look what we found on him", Sweets said as he tossed me a gargoyle mask. "So, you jumped ship for the gargoyle gang. You have a lot of explaining to do", I smirked down at the ex Serpent.

"Why not start with why you shivved Archie, instead of protecting him, like you were supposed to?", Jughead asked as we both got on one level with the rest. 

"The warden said, I had no other choice. You don't know what it's like there. You do anything to survive, for me, it was being the warden's pawn. A-a chess piece. In some ways, he-he-he was a pawn too", Joaquin explained. 

"What does that mean?", I asked. "I saw him with these game cards that told him what to do. Whoever sent them wanted Archie dead. From the moment he was locked up, he was already market".

"Market with what?", I yelled, "This symbol the warden branded on Archie's hip? What does it mean?", I asked as I drew the symbol on my hand with a sharpie. 

"No, no", Joaquin grunted. "Pick him up", I told the two boys. "No, no, just. Hey, just, just stop. Okay. Sacrifice. It means that Archie had to die. Look, I'm sorry, Jug. I know he was your pal, I", Joaquin said. 

"Oh, Archie's alive", Jughead smiled. 

"He won't be for much longer", Joaquin said. "Who's giving the Warden Norton his orders?", I asked switching my blade open and holding it to Joaquin's throat.

"No", "I don't think you understand. I can't let you go until you talk", I told the boy. 

"I saw them meet once but you know him, princess you too, Jones. The man in the black suit", Joaquin said.

*

When it was around noon, I was sitting in Pop's sipping on a milkshake while I started studying for the upcoming SAT tests. 

Suddenly Jughead burst into the door and ran over to the booth I was sitting in. "Lou, come on we gotta go", Jughead said loudly. 

"Oh, okay", I mumbled as I quickly gathered my stuff together and laid some cash on the table. I swung my bag on my shoulder as I quickly followed Jughead outside. 

He got on his bike and I got on mine. We flew through the streets until we reached the Serpent hang out, aka, Sunnyside Trailer Park. 

"Someone's sending us a message, princess", Sweet Pea said as Jughead and I stopped our bikes. 

"What message?", I asked. "Come on", Sweet Pea said as he grabbed my hand an led us over to the main chair. 

I lifted the plastic pull-over from the chair. On the chair laid an unconscious, dead looking, blue-lipped Joaquin that had the sacrifice symbol carved into his forehead. 

"Joaquin", I breathed out as I gasped at the sight of a dead body. "Who do you think did it?", Fangs asked. 

"Uh, I don't know. The Gargoyle Gangs, or Hiram Lodge, it could be anyone", I mumbled as I felt the panic rush through my veins and my stomach turning. 

"That symbol on his forehead", Sweet Pea started as he grabbed onto my arms to keep me steady. 

"Sacrifice. I have to get to Archie", Jughead mumbled taking off again. The three of us let out deep breath's trying to calm ourselves down. 

"Come on", Sweet Pea told me as he guided me in my trailer. 

"He-he is dead. We saw him just this morning", I told Sweet Pea feeling the air vanish from my lungs. "You couldn't do anything. None of us could have", Pea said. 

"Hey, hey, hey. Look at me", Sweets said as he grabbed my face with his hands, "Breath". "I- I can't. I keep messing up, nothing really works out for me. Things seem to get worse and worse", I cried as I gasped for air. 

I felt how the room began to spin and I feared to become unconscious. "Lou, think about good things", "I-I can't", I breathed out. 

Suddenly I felt Sweet Pea's lips on mine. The panic vanished as soon as his lips fell on mine. My worries rushed out of my head and I felt the air rush back in my lungs. 

As he pulled away I kept my eyes shut just for a bit longer. Then I realized we were sitting on teh ground in my kitchen.

"How did you?", I asked. "After you told me about your panic attacks I looked it up and ways to cure them. Holding your breath is one of them", he explained. 

"Wow, that was such a Stydia moment", I chuckled. "Are you seriously talking about Teen Wolf right now?", Sweets chuckled. 

"Yes, you know me. Thank you for being here for me", I told the boy as I leaned my head on his shoulder. 

*****

Hey guys!!!!

How are you all? I'm so happy that Sweet Pea and Lou are back together. 

Also since I'm done with my finals I'm the calmest person on this earth. Honestly, school is stressing me so hard. 

I had my third driving lesson today and it was amazinggg.