twenty-two

14 months later

Teresa looked at her reflection I the body mirror before turning to Gally. She sent him a reassuring smile before giggling.

"Are you ready Miss Teresa Agnes?" He asked holding out his arm for Teresa to link with hers. Teresa laughed before nodding.

"I'm ready." She said. That was it! That was all she had to say for the rest of her life to begin. Gally and Teresa looked towards the double doors and they looked at each other before the doors were opened and Teresa and Gally began to walk.

Teresa could not get rid of the smile on her face, and she didn't want to. She was completely and utterly as happy as she could be. As she was guided down the aisle she smiled and waved at all the gang. It may have been small but these are the people she considers her family now. All of them!

One face almost caused Teresa to just burst into tears there and then. It was Thomas.

He was in a grey suit with a cute little bow tie and his hands in front of his body in a smart manner.

Thomas couldn't believe this was happening! He could not get his head around the fact that Teresa would soon be his wife! She would be his and he would be hers. His heart was melting at the sight of the beautiful bride. Her hair tied into beautiful waves, her gown flowing beautifully in the wind and her eyes sparkling in the sun. Nothing but Teresa made him feel worth everything in this world.

When Teresa reached Thomas she smiled at Gally before giving him a kiss on the cheek and turning to Thomas.

Thomas lifted up Teresa's veil and breathed a huge breath. Teresa chuckled and looked up at him.

"What?" She questioned. Thomas pulled a knowing smirk at her.

"You look stunning." He replied and they both turned to the pastor.

"Welcome, family, friends and loved ones. We are gathered here today,
surrounded by the beauty of creation and nurtured by the sights and sounds of nature to
celebrate the wedding of Teresa and Thomas." Spoke the pastor. Thomas and Teresa glanced at each other not being able to stop grinning from ear to ear. "Thomas, please take Teresa's hand and repeat after me."

-

"The couple will now say their vows." The pastor announces.

Teresa looks at Thomas before smiling gently.

"I've called you my boyfriend, my partner, my significant other and my fiance. Now, I vow to love you forever as I get to call you my husband. This love has got me falling for you every single day. We've had our fair share of mistakes but believe me when I say, I'm in. Your heart has got it's own little story with mine! And I lo you."

Thomas let out a chuckle at the little memory from the lake. Every single one of the gang had tears falling. They had waited for this to happen and they have wanted Thomas to be happy ever since they met him! Thomas reached into his pocket and pulled out his piece of paper.

"It wasn't exactly love at first sight." Thomas begins which causes a laugh from everyone. "But it turns out.. it was love. You Teresa, you're the first girl to accept me for the man I actually am. To me, your love is like water. It is shapeless and it is formless but it is also peaceful, yet so, so strong. You cannot live without water.. and I cannot live without you." Thomas spoke wiping the tears from his eyes. Teresa lifted her hand and ran her thumb over his cheek to wash away a tear.

"Please present the rings." The pastor commands gently and Teresa spaces the ring on Thomas' finger.

"This ring symbolizes my love for you and the commitments we made today." Teresa repeats after the pastor. Thomas holds Teresa's finger in his hand before slowly sliding the ring onto her finger.